Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Got to find one now that is compatible with the triple, i could just go to a main dealer, they charge £295 with free fitting.

Is that for the official triumph one? That's about right TBH - the SP Syncrotech one I'm looking at for the Tuono is £230 ish.

If you get the factory one there's no messing about with coil pack leads and whatever else. I'm pretty sure the quickshifter for your bike will be the same as the 675r Daytona one, so you might get one cheap on ebay.

In fact there's one on ebay now with 1hr 42 mins left at just over £100 ;) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-STREET-TRIPLE-GENUINE-QUICK-SHIFTER-/182142833188?hash=item2a688f1224:g:JZ4AAOSw9a5XPwQD Obviously I can't say it'll fit your bike, but it looks right!

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that for the official triumph one? That's about right TBH - the SP Syncrotech one I'm looking at for the Tuono is £230 ish.

If you get the factory one there's no messing about with coil pack leads and whatever else. I'm pretty sure the quickshifter for your bike will be the same as the 675r Daytona one, so you might get one cheap on ebay.

You can buy it here for £295 and fit it yourself, when i spoke to triumph about it, they said they would fit for free if i buy from them, whether they hold up their end on that i don't know.

http://www.jacklilley.com/buy/Triumph-Quickshifter/A9930222#.V0snmJErIuU

Soldato
To be honest, that looks like about a 10 minute job to fit, if that - if they charged to fit it, that would be taking the **** :D

Old shift rod off, new rod with strain gauge thing on, plug it in, cable tie it up, ride. :D

Soldato

VBN

VBN

Associate
Does it matter about ABS or not? Mine doesn't have ABS.. :(

The MT09 is the first bike I've had in 25 years of riding that has it. I locked the back on purpose to see, feels a bit weird when it doesn't skid. I don't think its a big deal if you haven't got it. Guess it could make life harder if you've always had it and then don't.

Man of Honour
Just done a 70 mile round trip through Worcester, Evesham, Stratford and back home, definitely fitting a Quickshifter, hard acceleration + changing gear isn't very smooth, so being able to accelerate and change gear without coming off the throttle and no clutch is what i need.

Really? Just close the throttle, pop up the gear and open throttle again. If you need a quick shifter to do that smoothly then I'd get the bike looked at as something is wrong.

When not accelerating the quickshifter is needed to upshift smoothly.

Soldato
Really? Just close the throttle, pop up the gear and open throttle again. If you need a quick shifter to do that smoothly then I'd get the bike looked at as something is wrong.

When not accelerating the quickshifter is needed to upshift smoothly.

Not so smooth when accelerating at 70mph and changing from 3rd to 4th :p

Back
Top Bottom