BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Soldato
Chris Evans is a massive pleb and a serious detractor, I get the impression he is imitating some of Clarkson's mannerism to make sure the Top Gear template they are using works.

I prefer Leblanc of all of them but really don't like it at all.

Soldato
Evans is being Evans, don't know what else you lot were expecting. It's like you all say you can't stand evens but you have no idea what he's like? Have you never watched TGI or anything else Evans has been involved with?

Mind boggles.

Soldato
Those audience shots. If North Korea did Top Gear.
It does seem awfully forced - Evans is trying too hard but I'm willing to give it time. Not going to give up yet.

Man of Honour
Evans is being Evans, don't know what else you lot were expecting. It's like you all say you can't stand evens but you have no idea what he's like? Have you never watched TGI or anything else Evans has been involved with?

Mind boggles.

I haven't seen him on anything since the old TGI so I'd hoped he had become less of a pillock in his old age. But no

Soldato

Mind boggles.

No, didn't know who/what he was. He's just an annoying ginger apparently, trying to imitate Clarkson :(.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I suppose it's because everyone has instilled subconscious warmth / liking for Matt because he was Joey :p

It's not so much that, allow me to quote some body who knew what he was talking about.

Spike Milligan said:
He is without any talent. All he can do is small talk. The smartest thing I ever heard him say was "good morning". The moment I saw him talking, I thought "you're an idiot". The best I can wish him is an early death.

Yup that pretty much nails it I think. :p

Back
Top Bottom