Which football manager?

Soldato
I am not a fan of the new FM games. Got far too complex for me and not enjoyable as I like to play it casually - Not got the patience to spend days setting up for one match.

The last version I liked which I own is Champ Man 03/04 - The final release before the split.

I am trying to see which FM more closely aligns with that interface and style, with some of the enhanced features but before it got to the state of being so complex.

From what I can tell so far FM 2007 might suit best.

Any opinions?

Caporegime
I do, genuinely, think they improve year on year. That's coming from a life long fan, having played them back when they were Championship Manager :).

I want to say Football Manager 2015, because I am in it :D.

I loved 12 though, and I loved 10.

Soldato
I miss footy manager games that had nice UI rather than spreadsheets for the game. Like premier manager 97 on the megadrive, player manager on the psx. LMA manager on the psx, Kevin Keegan player manager on snes, 1st division manager zx spectrum.

Things with icons, a virtual office that is visually represented. Not just tables of rows of data with a sorta theme of color.

Playing older manager games might be less complex and realistic but was a hell of a lot more fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really miss the early Champ Man games, they had the perfect involvement levels. FM these days has become way to detailed, just to deep and flooded with a load of tosh with numbers even Rachel Riley would struggle with. What i miss as well is Stadium developments ground improvements etc...loved the old Premier Manager series back on the Amiga made by Gremlin....God such fond memories.

Soldato
Premier Manager 97 on the megadrive was based on the old premier 2 on the amiga. By far my favourite manager game... a time of your life type thing...

Can't realy say i have a problem with the way the manager series has evolved, you can still be as free as you like to ignore a lot of the iterations.

Champ 3 would be my favourite, it beefed up the simple as premise of the 96/7 series.

Back
Top Bottom