• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Caporegime
To say OCUK sold 1500+ on Friday with some having Saturday delivery there is a distinct lack of opinion on this thread with only 6 on TROH ???
Where are all the owners with their "its % faster than x" posts and 3DMark results etc etc ? Its been suspiciously quiet considering it was a bank holiday ?

About a thousand of those were pre-orders, they had something like 500 in stock. Seems not that many that bought them are active on the forum.

Associate
Just cancelled my preorder on the EVGA 1080 SC........

....and upgraded it to the EVGA 1080 FTW :) (Cheers for the help Alex at OCUK)

Been put to the back of the queue, however felt like I would have been missing out going for the SC.

£30 extra for some more horse power and and extra power connector, not sure about the cooler as it looks the same as the one on the SC.

Associate
Posted this is another thread, but for those that missed it - GTX 1080 FE performance in The Witcher 3 with the default fan speeds,

.... and with custom fan profile,

Overall, great card - its got 20 - 35 % (with OC) over my 980Ti. For those that care, the 980Ti has gone in my Steam machine (3930k .. overkill I know) and the 1080 in my main. Gaming at 3440x1440 I can more or less achieve 60 fps+ whereas the 980Ti was usually in the 45 fps ish.

Associate
Hi guys

I will do my best before I hit the sack in Taiwan.

Roughly here is how I see first stocks hitting the UK.

SC - 9th/10th June
FTW - 16th/17th June.
Classified - End of June
Hybrid/Hydro Copper - Early July.

I am afraid I can only be vague at this stage but we are doing all we can. There is more Founders Edition on the way already in strong numbers and will land during this week. Please do not take these dates as gospel but I hope a decent guide for you.

Thanks
Ben

Is there any updates on this front yet?

Also, shouldn't the site say something other than the 3rd if we know that they won't be hitting that date?

Associate
Is there any updates on this front yet?

Also, shouldn't the site say something other than the 3rd if we know that they won't be hitting that date?

Even on the phone they are still saying the 3rd..

Bit naughty really.. if you don't know the date they should not put one.. especially seeing a vendor rep on the forums quoting completely different dates.

Associate
In queue for an EVGA GTX 1080 ACX via the step up programme now. Availability shows auto notify so no idea when they're available. Can't wait to play the Division, tomb raider and the new Witcher expansion with it!

Soldato
Just cancelled my preorder on the EVGA 1080 SC........

....and upgraded it to the EVGA 1080 FTW :) (Cheers for the help Alex at OCUK)

Been put to the back of the queue, however felt like I would have been missing out going for the SC.

£30 extra for some more horse power and and extra power connector, not sure about the cooler as it looks the same as the one on the SC.

Did they say how many FTW orders they had? I got mine in within first 15 mins. Fingers crossed I'm not waiting for ages! The site fell to bits which delayed my order slightly!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Did they say how many FTW orders they had? I got mine in within first 15 mins. Fingers crossed I'm not waiting for ages! The site fell to bits which delayed my order slightly!

Would also like to know this. Ordered mine at 14:28 (would've been quicker but the site was running on fumes!)

Back
Top Bottom