• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
It's a long story, I was watching a 4 letter competitors website for the classy to hit the shelf it was listed at £619 I got down there and as I went to check if they had any in stock it was listed as out of stock so I went to the desk and explained to the lady it was showing in stock just an hour ago and I've traveled 40 miles to come pick it up she was lovely went round the back and got me one, she had then got talking to me about the SC version which was something like £575 or something like that, and she put that price through by accident so she ended up letting me have the classy for £575 instead of the £619 so there's £45 saved and then she had some codes of the old games left so she sent me all 4 to my email, I was chuffed :D

Wow maybe she was trying to chat you up or something with all that free stuff etc. haha.

Associate
Still holding out!!!

I think Bonnie must still be using a GTX480 possibly in SLI and not water cooled in her rig in that shack!!!:eek::p

Really tempted but I think a 1070 is probably going to be the right choice for me depending on how prices go:)

saying that though 1080 sounds better:o:D

Caporegime
GP106 GPU'S shown off at computex :
http://videocardz.com/60604/nvidia-shows-off-new-tegra-based-on-pascal-at-computex

These will form the 1060 cards. Manufactured in Apil, before many of the GP104 dies were made so likely just waiting for a launch window and the 1080-1070 hype to wane.

There were some leaked charts in Chinese showing nvidia launch dates that indicated April for GP100, May for GP104 amd July for GP106. We could see something announced end of June.

Soldato
JayzTwoCents ‏@JayzTwoCents 8m8 minutes ago

So the evaluation drivers for the 1080 allowed 120% Power Limit... the latest WHQL drivers only allow 107%???? Anyone else see this??

Soldato
Hmm, on maxwell/kepler/fermi the wattage at stock and at max power limit is set in bios and read by afterburner / precision directly, a change in drivers would have no effect on that

Edit: he's a retard, the msi card has a higher tdp by default, so it has a limit of 107%, the founders cards start much lower so have 120%

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, on maxwell/kepler/fermi the wattage at stock and at max power limit is set in bios and read by afterburner / precision directly, a change in drivers would have no effect on that

Edit: he's a retard, the msi card has a higher tdp by default, so it has a limit of 107%, the founders cards start much lower so have 120%

Yeah very stupid of him to miss that. The MSI has 107% because that's it's own bios setting. It's completely different than the FE 120%.

Caporegime

Spot on that and even I forgot about it and I have had all those cards. Doh!!!

Man of Honour

:D

Something I will have to remember now I am using more non reference cards.

Soldato
Excellent video.

980 Ti owners have no reasons to sell 980 Ti when they looked at 1070 to upgrade but it will be downgraded. They should upgrade to 1080 instead.

The same thing go with Broadwell-E which was huge disappointment, no reasons to upgrade to it for gaming.

Also 290/290X/390/390X/Nano/Fury Pro/Fury X owners has no reasons to sell their cards for RX480 so they have to wait for Vegas.

Edit:

Hmmm Afterburner 4.3 beta 4 added 1070 and 1080 support as well overvoltage support too.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-msi-afterburner-4-3-beta-4.html

It will be interesting for 1080 owners to try this and let us know.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really useful thanks. Am currently weighing up a second hand 980Ti as an option over a 1070.

Get a 1070. It will age better with time, won't lose its value as much as a 980 Ti will and will get all of the latest driver and gaming optimizations that a previous gen card won't get.

I don't suggest upgrading from 980 Ti to 1070 since that's not even an upgrade. But if you're buying now, 1070 is the better choice.

Back
Top Bottom