LCD vs OLED - Tear Down of an OLED TV

Associate
Good video, I didn't learn anything but it was still interesting to see.

It shows that LG use a colour filter that is lit by white Oleds rather than coloured Oleds which would not require a colour filter but would cost more to produce but will hopefully appear in future tv's.

Last edited:
Soldato

It shows that LG use a colour filter that is lit by white Oleds rather than coloured Oleds which would cost more to produce but will hopefully appear in future tv's.

The colour filter was already well known. It's LG's way of getting around the blue oleds short lifespan issue.

Soldato

It shows that LG use a colour filter that is lit by white Oleds rather than coloured Oleds which would not require a colour filter but would cost more to produce but will hopefully appear in future tv's.

I wouldn't count on it, that's what Samsung used and it was a complete failure, if memory serves the blue subpixel had to be nearly 40% larger just to give it the same lifespan as the other 2, but its failure rates were huge I think I was somthing like 70% of the panels that came off the production line were unusable. That's why we LG are using the Kodak OLED method.

Back
Top Bottom