** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I'm running a 970 now and its already struggling with the likes of The Division at 2k. I wouldn't bother buying a new card if it was still ploughing through everything without any trouble.

Im running integrated Graphics for 5 weeks now xD Imagine what I can do, I've been living off Minesweeper and pinball...

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OCUK has changed and their CS has got better? If so I might start buying my parts from you again. A bad experience with a big purchase I made in 2010 put me off buying anything substantial from you.

New owners came along in 2012, since then...well I think I'll let the reviews speak for themselves..

9.4 Trustpilot Score

and we were recently given Google Certified shop status

Associate
Personally I find the customer service to be absolutely first rate. I pretty much buy all my major purchases from OCUK nowadays. The brilliant customer service is a big reason I keep coming back.

I used to buy more stuff from a Bolton based competitor but I had a really bad experience with a motherboard purchase and ended up having to write a large briefing paper for them explaining the requirements of the consumer legislation and pull out all of my various legal and professional qualifications on my letter signatures. They did relent and give me a refund eventually but I swore I would never make any large purchases from them again. Since then its always OCUK first.

This thread is helpful as I was wondering what was going on with the 1080 supplies. I just pre-ordered 2 of the Asus 1080 Strix yesterday so its disappointing to hear that they are set back at least a week or two and maybe longer but its not OCUK's fault if the manufacturers can't get them delivered so I guess we all just have to patient. Glad I ordered yesterday though at the lower price so that was lucky.

Soldato
Any reviews or info about the new EVGA coolers? Interested to see if the ACX 3.0 cooler is improved over the ACX 2.0.

Associate
Seems its all 3rd party cards, I smell something fishy from Nvidia cause of the FE cards.

(What I mean is, maybe Nvidia forced the delay to increase the sales of the FE)....or am I a conspiracy nut :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair Enough :D....but intel intergrated graphics *shuders*

Funnily enough, I was on that for the last few months and even managed to play HoTS on low details at 1080p - was good enough to stay at rank 1 so can't be this bad?

iGPUs are quite capable nowadays (considering they used to struggle with playing videos in the past). Maybe it won't play the newest FPS (though I did try Overwatch on it for a bit, bit ****** but it did play downscaled on 30fps which is still "playable") but for people who play MOBAs or some older games, strategies etc or most small indie stuff it's more than enough.

That was all on a 3770k and a 6700k is supposed to be good 40% faster or so.

Back
Top Bottom