Man with a knife

Associate
Some of the local park lakes near were i live are targeted a lott by joly foreigner. One lake had over 15 canadian geese killed gutted and plucked in one night along with dozens of large carp . Ballifs found the remains early morning

Soldato
I'm not sure but I think 3" and under is legal.

I'll be the 94th to say, this. Absolutely nothing wrong with carrying a folding (not locking) knife up to 3", no reason required.

It is illegal to:
  • sell a knife to anyone under 18 (16 to 18 year olds in Scotland can buy cutlery and kitchen knives) unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
  • carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less
  • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
  • use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)

Lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Soldato
the way the law works is if it's 3" or longer with a locking blade then you'll need a valid reason for carrying it, commonly accepted criteria are chef's transporting their work knives, sikh's ceremonial knives,]

I was working in a store the first time I saw someone carrying the Kirpan and I guess my manager saw me looking concerned as he came over and explained what it was about. He looked at me rather odd when I said surely the laws of the land come before religion but then I'm not religious and turns out its legal anyway. :o

Still find it surprising that it's allowed, anyone else carrying such a thing would be tasered on sight. :D

Soldato
I was working in a store the first time I saw someone carrying the Kirpan and I guess my manager saw me looking concerned as he came over and explained what it was about. He looked at me rather odd when I said surely the laws of the land come before religion but then I'm not religious and turns out its legal anyway. :o

Still find it surprising that it's allowed, anyone else carrying such a thing would be tasered on sight. :D

Probably due to a lack of sihk terrorists and the majority probably carry dummy knives (i have no facts for this whatsoever)

Mostly as long as you can convince a police officer you need it then its fine, although obviously a bowie knife is not reasonable to carry if you work in a warehouse and need to open boxes.

Soldato
I carry a few mean looking knives around when im fishing. serrated on one side, sharp cutting edge on the other and quite obviously over 3". I use it mainly to whittle sticks and saw overgrown branches encroaching on the swim.

Soldato
Totally normal until the hysteria of recent years. I always had a pen knife in my pocket as a kid, so did my father, uncles and friends. As far as I know, none of us have ever tried to cut up someones family in the park (despite being Scottish:p)...

Soldato
Probably due to a lack of sihk terrorists and the majority probably carry dummy knives (i have no facts for this whatsoever)

Mostly as long as you can convince a police officer you need it then its fine, although obviously a bowie knife is not reasonable to carry if you work in a warehouse and need to open boxes.

And the fact these ceremonial blades are blunt as anything most of the time.

Associate
Talk about a Daily Fail thread.

It's legal, it doesn't matter where he came from (I don't even know how you worked out he was foreign?)

Man up, chill out and whittle your own sticks with a legal knife.

Soldato
You can carry as big a knife as you like, provided you can justify why you have it.

When I was at catering college I had my own knives with me. They certainly weren't under 3". But as I had a valid reason for carrying them (to/from college), it was perfectly legal.

A sub-3" folding blade is simply the criteria for not having to justify possession if you're stopped.

Associate
Whilst on the subject of knives, I was recently looking at purchasing one, know I know they have to be 76mm or less but I am a little unsure on the fixed/locked rule. If one has a Tri-Ad lock, does this make it illegal for everyday carry?
Does anyone have any suggestions on what/where to buy? budget no more than £50.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom