IIyama 40" 4k VA monitor

Associate
You won't be disappointed. Internet surfing/movies/gaming is just perfect on this screen.

Only thing is, solid 60fps is needed on games to make this screen worth it but luckily it scales down well on some games to 1440p.

Screen arrived on Friday, didn't have much time to play with it over weekend until now. I'm very happy. Fantastic screen for the price. I might even go so far as to say it might be better than the Philips 40 inch. :) Gaming seems fine at 1440p with my 970 which will do until I get around to getting a 1080. All in all super chuffed with it.

Love that setup Gunzta :)

Thank you.

Associate
Hey guys

Just looking at picking up this screen later today!

I was wondering, the only game i play is overwatch, is the response time that much of an issue for games?

I currently play on a 34" LG ultrawide which doesnt have the greatest of input lag times, but ive never had issue with it in games, so im wondering if the 4K screens being slow is more overhyped than anything?

Any other issues with the screen?

Cheers

Associate
Hey guys

Just looking at picking up this screen later today!

I was wondering, the only game i play is overwatch, is the response time that much of an issue for games?

I currently play on a 34" LG ultrawide which doesnt have the greatest of input lag times, but ive never had issue with it in games, so im wondering if the 4K screens being slow is more overhyped than anything?

Any other issues with the screen?

Cheers

I think your input lag will be the same with both panels~ if you have http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_34um95.htm
says 24 ms If I remember right this is about 24-27 somewhere in there.

Associate
Hi guys

I just took delivery of this monitor, im using display port for signal. I cant get it to work at 60hz?

Am i missing a setting or something? It is stuck at 30hz... cheers

edit: here are my settings screen shots to illustrate the issue

a3O5XXVl.jpg

1ttGccWl.jpg

pZvifjZl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't aware that was a thing? Isn't it auto detection on the side of the monitor? All previous screens have defaulted to 60
I had to do it on mine which was weird as my previous 4k monitor automatically put itself on 60hz when I changed the monitor settings.

Have you tried and does it work now?

Associate
i did manage to fix the problem thanks, windows was set at 30hz for whatever reason!

I was wondering, do you guys know of any recommended settings for the screen in terms of colour and brightness? Im not great at knowing whats optimal!

Back
Top Bottom