Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
I don't see the problem, having it as a floating screen means the entire dash can be lower whilst still keeping the media interface at eye-level.

The problem is that it looks cack - it's far nicer when the screen is properly integrated into and flows with the dash rather than looking almost like an aftermarket extra. It's a real faddy stage the manufacturers are going through - hopefully Mercedes are coming out the other side as the new E has gone back to a properly integrated screen.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29579414 said:
The problem is that it looks cack - it's far nicer when the screen is properly integrated into and flows with the dash rather than looking almost like an aftermarket extra. It's a real faddy stage the manufacturers are going through - hopefully Mercedes are coming out the other side as the new E has gone back to a properly integrated screen.

Whilst I cannot agree that it looks "cack", it most certainly is a choice of function over form.

The worst offenders for poor design are Porsche, having a touch sensitive (fingerprint magnet) screen, mounted low down (so you have to actively look down to focus on it).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The new TT is pretty quick. Not AMG quick, but was surprised that it managed to somewhat remain in view. Must have been one of the bigger engined varieties. Brakes are nowhere near as capable though.

Has me even more interested in the new TTRS.

Soldato
Impressive figures!

Got a box of parts for mine today:
IMG_20160603_182208.jpg

Soldato
OP
Is it just me or can you actually see the fuel gauge move in that vid? lol

Bet the car is a bit of a beast to drive now?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So Mercedes, Audi and BMW all have that floating iPad thingy, instead of a well integrated screen.

I wonder if it's to do with the way the cabins are moving towards having the central armrest area higher and reducing the amount of vertical space on the centre console.

This pics shows it better:

0Etk5r9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if it's to do with the way the cabins are moving towards having the central armrest area higher and reducing the amount of vertical space on the centre console.

This pics shows it better:

We have that lower car and layout, and I quite like it, the new one, with the integrated hud looks great, but mr floaty ipad thingy, looks bloody awful.
Another thing for someone to smash their head off in an accident, or no doubt it'll break off instead for safety. Just watch a child pull it off.

The gear selector looks very far back in the new variant also, unless I am missing something, would need to sit in the new car, but as I am still driving a manual, I like the gearstick where it currently is.

No doubt in the new revisions, which will be a couple or more years away, they will improve upon this design, I still dislike the floaty ipad.

jbs

jbs

Associate
We have that lower car and layout, and I quite like it, the new one, with the integrated hud looks great, but mr floaty ipad thingy, looks bloody awful.
Another thing for someone to smash their head off in an accident, or no doubt it'll break off instead for safety. Just watch a child pull it off.

The gear selector looks very far back in the new variant also, unless I am missing something, would need to sit in the new car, but as I am still driving a manual, I like the gearstick where it currently is.

No doubt in the new revisions, which will be a couple or more years away, they will improve upon this design, I still dislike the floaty ipad.

Agree the tablet they stuck on there looks awful. In the Auto the gear lever is further back as it also acts as a hand rest to use the touch pad. With the manual gearstick it sits in front of the touchpad so should be in a similar postition to your car.

Associate
Picked up my TTRS from MRC last week after Doug worked his magic, Stage 2+ 446HP and 686NM torque was limited until I get a new clutch and the gearbox rebuilt :D
<snip>

Did you get the pops and bangs added to it? What tune were you running before? Currently running an APR stage 1 map with secondary decats so curious as to what the difference is like.

Associate
Did you get the pops and bangs added to it? What tune were you running before? Currently running an APR stage 1 map with secondary decats so curious as to what the difference is like.

It was stock before went straight for stage2+ it does pop and bang when it's very hot or on choke but not to the extent of a dsg car. I might get it added when it goes back for a tweak and launch control when I've had my new clutch and the work on gear box is complete. Yours manual or dsg?

Associate
It was stock before went straight for stage2+ it does pop and bang when it's very hot or on choke but not to the extent of a dsg car. I might get it added when it goes back for a tweak and launch control when I've had my new clutch and the work on gear box is complete. Yours manual or dsg?

DSG, mine seems to pop a little on upshift and blips on the downshift but it would be nice to have a few pops/bangs like the map they did on this one.

Still not too sure if the upgrade to Stage 2/Stage 2+ will be worth it. I keep looking at the IMS upgrades :p

I need to get my tailpipes sorted too as they are starting to flake a little which is a shame. Apart from that it has been fairly good. Just need a carbon fibre spoiler to match the mirrors/diffuser now :o

Have you done anything to the suspension yet? I keep looking at the MSS kits.

Back
Top Bottom