• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
It's kinda disappointing reviewers haven't been able to test overclocking etc on the custom cards. If they're gonna be arriving to people in 3-7 days surely we should have reviews by now

Some have been tested, they are not much different to the FE cards, I have seen reviews of asus strix, MSI and an article on the galax HOF.

Soldato
Personally i think its just a mess this launch .....

Its hardly a mess, in technology its pretty much how hardware is released... You show it off at tech shows and then it comes out weeks to months down the line. The only point where that seems to have become 'unacceptable' is since people like Apple decided to announce tech and say 'You can buy this tomorrow', which is a complete sales gimmick if you ask me.

Can't see why waiting a few weeks to get what you REALLY want is a bad thing personally, its a £600 GPU that you'll have for a while so worth the wait. Lets not forget this isn't a new CPU with 2 flavours, as per the title of this thread there are 21 varieties on OCUK alone... Takes time to release that.

Associate
I see the MSI cards have 17th on OCUK, but some others have it between the 9th-13th. Has there actually been word from MSI/anywhere on OCUK when the cards are actually expected to hit, or its a guessing game?

Associate
so i missed out by one... great !

You must have an order for a different card to the one that came into stock this morning as they would have fulfilled pre orders before listing it on the site as in stock (it was the Gigabyte G1 Gaming which came in to stock)

Associate
ain't any of you guys tempted to just nab a 1070 on the 10th and wait for big pascal Ti?

if I was waiting this long given how much these 1080s demand price wise id probably suck it up and pick up a cheap 1070 instead

Back
Top Bottom