Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I've been looking at doing something in Europe next year as well. Those prices aren't bad at all, would just need to budget for hotels as well (I normally wild camp in Scotland).

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Haha, that wasnt long at all! Have you had the Fazer a shorter amount of time than the trophy?

Can't even remember how long I had the Trophy for Bud & I had the Vulcan as well before the Fazer but all my past bikes have given me the experience now to make an informed decision on my Major purchase. :D

Cutting the Bull though I honestly don't think you know a bike until you actually own it as it's not just riding it out for a blast it's using it on Long runs & how comfortable it is, How much luggage you can safely carry, How easy it is to work on/service etc, How easy it is to store & get it in & out when you want to, How it handles with You riding it rather than the "reports" you may have read here & there etc etc etc I'm glad I've been through the bikes I've owned otherwise I'd go get my big wad out or finance myself up with something that won't suit me long term & I'd be *******. Now with what I know & all that I've learnt over the last few years & with all you lot helping & the other Biker mates I mix with I can spend every single penny I can get my hands on & buy something that will be the Best I've ever owned & should be nigh on Perfect in every way for Me.

I didn't get anywhere near a shop or even look for any bikes/info as a few COBs were going for a run out so I met up with them & off we went, I met them in Leicester & we went up the curly roads Market Harborough way ending up at Foxton locks for a cold shandy & a chin wag, Got back around 3.30pm I think it was & had an Epic blast on the way home with 2 of the COBs'. When you are with the right riders it's awesome making good progress when riding in close formation it kind of heightens the sensation/buzz. :D

Off up The Vic tonight as it's the weekly COB meeting place but I won't stay long just show my face & off I'll pop. Epic route between me & the Vic & I know it well so it should be a "pleasant" run. :p

Man of Honour
Holy ****ing **** I think I've finally found some boots that fit! Dainese Fulcrum C2 straight on nice and comfy, gore tex as well so they'll actually be waterproof unlike my last "waterproof" boots which lasted all of a week before they were letting water in.

Soldato
I've been looking at doing something in Europe next year as well. Those prices aren't bad at all, would just need to budget for hotels as well (I normally wild camp in Scotland).

Yeah I quite fancy getting a villa/apartment down in southern Spain for a week or so in November/December time. Then you can do daily rideouts or just lounge by the pool/beach :cool: I want to do an Alps trip this year but it may be too late in the season by the time I've bought a 2nd bike.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I've no faith in my bridgestones during wet weather, I just slide. My Michellins were so much better... I'm sticking with my Pirelli order, unless there're better tyres?

Soldato
The Yamaha MT tour is at Box hill in a couple of weeks (June 25th-26th), think I'll pop down and have a ride on an MT10 :D And maybe the Tracer 700 if it's there too.

Last year I rode an MT09 and the tracer.

Associate
How are they doing in wet? Mine rear is squared off... its near the limit of being legal so I'm sliding all over the place when it wet. :p

I don't even bother with cleaning mine, I might do today though as there's a massive meet and cruise. But its going to be dark anyways, so who cares. :D

They seem to be OK, not ridden too much in the wet and when I have, I have taken it easy.

I didn't even know about the Rutland TT route, thanks a lot. I mentioned it to the bikers at work as we go out once a month and they seem really keen to do it!

Soldato
Small world - that route goes literally 100 yards away from one of the houses I grew up in, in Little Bytham.

I used to live in Peterborough too years ago, before my biking days though.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Tuono ???

Who was it that's looking for a Tuono as there was one at teh meet I was at earlier with a For Sale sign on it & I got a couple of pics & a pic of the Advert with the mobile number clearly visible. It's Red, Had less than 16000 miles up it & was only 3k I think it was. Watching the TT at the mo but I'll be back at 10pm to post pics.
Who can remember who it is that's looking for one ?

Soldato
Tuono ???

Who was it that's looking for a Tuono as there was one at teh meet I was at earlier with a For Sale sign on it & I got a couple of pics & a pic of the Advert with the mobile number clearly visible. It's Red, Had less than 16000 miles up it & was only 3k I think it was. Watching the TT at the mo but I'll be back at 10pm to post pics.
Who can remember who it is that's looking for one ?

That would be me :D

I'm looking for a 2nd gen factory but please feel free to post it, ta! :D

Edit: At that price I'm guessing it's a gen1 and probably this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-Tuono-1000-RSV-04-Reg-15600-miles-3000-/322144111906?hash=item4b01490d22:g:SX8AAOSwzJ5XWZtE To be fair that is a very nice gen1, very clean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom