4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Right that's it then I am "Officially" excited. :D

I've not had a holiday in ages & this will be ideal, Always wanted to do the mountains out that way but wouldn't want to waste a second of my time on **** roads. Following a local who has already sussed out the best roads/routes & can cut all the bull **** out will be beyond awesome. :cool:

I'm glad it's so far away in the future as well as it will take some serious planning & will enable me to get things exactly how I want them & minimise the chance of owt not being bang on.

General Google Maps from my Town to Switzerland = 12h 45m 756 miles, Awesome absolutely awesome, Will be my longest run ever. :D

What's the name of the town ?

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I need this long to plan as I have such a busy year this year! I'm away all of June for my honeymoon in Hawaii and have 4 bike tours planned for the rest of summer already!

The location is very close to lake Gruyere (of cheese fame) in the canton of Fribourg. I'll share the exact location privately.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Don't need specifics till closer the date anyway, An Epic bike trip to near Lake Gruyere is close enough to tell people I will boast to. :p

It's only 711 miles from my house to the Lake. :D

dsb

dsb

Associate
I could seriously be up for this, depending on dates ect but more notice the better and cheaper the better.

I would do 4 days either side getting there and back and do a bit more travel.

But to answer your questions:

How long have you been riding for? 6 years
Are you experienced with riding mountain roads? Have done the Pyrenees, and loads of Europe
How long would you like to visit for? 4-5 days
How many km's per day would be ideal? no more than 300 unless motorways.
Are you looking to maximise riding time or to experience the views and other activities too? See the views, do some of the best passes available.
Are you happy to be recorded if all faces and plates are blurred? Not bothered about plate, but not face really, depends where it will be shown.
What type of weather/temperature would you like (it reached 38 degrees here last summer)? not bothered. Pleas book the sun as no rain will be required.
Would you rather stay in a large communal room at my house or hotels/hostels? cheaper the better.
Would you prefer to bring your own bike (if so what bike) or rent here? Own bike.

Man of Honour
OP
I've put the dates in the original post. I have no problems with anyone choosing not to stay with me as it makes my life easier.

dsb

dsb

Associate
OK dates do suit, now to plan the route there and back and relax when you take charge. I hope this comes off, could be an epic holiday.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
This was awesome already but now a couple more people are coming it's going to be absolutely epic, The road trip & OcUK meet of All meets, Uber meet, The meet of most epicness. :p

Don't worry I don't talk like that irl. :D Seriously though Guys get excited be excited as this just could not be better. Awesome ride out & then when we get there we get shown around some of the best roads in the World by somebody who has local knowledge, Superb. :cool:

dsb

dsb

Associate
Kree, why dont you create a secret facebook page. Just been looking for the route im going to take. Might try do the Ring on the way back, so much to see.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Because I don't really use facebook. I only used it to stalk the wife and now just use messenger to talk to some friends who don't understand how a phone call works.

We have this forum anyway for discussion about the tour, or does that not work for you?

I won't be around for the next 4 weeks, but this tour is 100% going ahead and the first 5 to confirm on here will definitely be in, and if a few of those don't want to stay at mine then I can accommodate a few extra. I'd like to avoid being responsible for too many people though as it can make group riding and meals difficult.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Kreeeee
Clov!s
dsb
Me = Already enough for a road trip. :D

I'm not bothered about Kreeee not having Facebook if he's not into it there's no point but you others can add me anyways & we can chat about the trip, getting all our stuff together, routes, adventures etc Will be good to share info & have a chat planning it & start to get the buzz going.
We can chat about the Swiss end & Kreeees involvment etc on here.
I do have my Daughter/Family etc on Facebook though so only for those actually doing the Trip & Respect my page like I will Yours or we'll fall out before the trips even started. :p

As we get round to a couple of weeks before the trip we can exchange mobile numbers all round so we can cover each other & for emergencys.

Trippers wanting my Facebook details can request via Trust. :cool:

@Kreeee What do we do to actually Confirm then Bud ?

Associate
Hurdle #1 overcome, family have agreed to look after my parrots while I'm away :). Feel free to put me down as a 'maybe' - still have to sort out a bike that works and one that won't wreck my back in the process.

dsb

dsb

Associate
i've already started with planning my route there and back, for me this is perfect, the dates work for a 2 week holiday, i can tick some other bits on the way there and back.

I just need a new tent and tank bag and im ready.

I like the idea that it will only be a group for a few days then on my own again to do my own thing. i wished i could do this on other tours ive done but felt it would be rude to split halfway through. Only 15 months to wait!

Man of Honour
OP
Ask you need to do to register is tell me on here. You're already a definite 4T5!

I'll update the op when I can get on a pc. Hello from San Francisco by the way!

dsb

dsb

Associate
Kreeeeeee was that last message for me? If so I'm in, would like to stay at yours or a cheep b&b, local campsite. Can't wait.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Soldato
I'd like to take part in this, time off shouldn't be a problem with work as they're very flexible. I've always wanted to do the Alps and the Lakes!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've always wanted to do the Alps and the Lakes!

But instead of wandering around on your own & missing most of the decent spots and then being told once you're home which roads you Should have gone on you'll be led around by somebody whose lived there for 3+ years & has built up untold local road knowledge from a Bikers perspective, Could it be any better ? I think not !!! :D

Back
Top Bottom