Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Why did you choose points instead of doing the course? I think the course is like 80 quid, if I remember correctly... Did you inform your insurance?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I don't care about the cash penalty, its just the points that I hate. I would even pay double just to avoid them... Ehh.

Man of Honour
Planning on dropping the forks out tomorrow and changing the springs for some progressive ones along with some fresh oil. Fingers crossed I'll get some dry weather in the morning to drop them out.

Associate
Do the course; its an excuse for a ride if the weather is good and its only a bit of £. Instead of having your insurance destroy you.

If the copper was tail gating you properly then I would go to court, as if he has evidence, as he has said, he wont show up as it's looked on badly in the police force to do what he did (career logic). I don't understand why he didn't do you for the speed, which tells me something is fishy either in your story or in his.

A lot of police rely on ignorance of the law in order to incriminate someone. Its hard to say either way.

My advice as others have said is. Do not speed in built up areas.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I didn't see the recording he told me to stay next to my vehicle, is it still possible to see the recording? I don't want to get in more trouble, I already signed the fine for the 'Driving without due care and attention' which was 2 shoulder checks.

I'll give them a call and see what they say. It doesn't harm to ask, right?

Edit: That post make sense in a way, he was really formal and if he could would probably got me done for speeding. But surely he can't lie about the recording? Ehh...

Last edited:
Associate
Was it just the one cop in the car? I believe if it's just the one cop they'll need to have followed you for a minimum 1/8 mile at speed with calibrated speedo, or have timed you between 2 points >1/8 mile apart (VASCAR) so he may not have quite had enough evidence to give you a speeding ticket hence resorting to undue care. 2 cops and they can corroborate each other's statement of "we were going the speed limit and he shot off ahead of us, so clearly speeding".

They need to have sent a NIP to the registered owner's address that DVLA have within 14 days of the offence, so if you decide to appeal after 2 weeks then they wouldn't be able to change their mind and go after you for speeding instead - not that the speeding away would look good for the judge reviewing evidence though so fighting it could be risky. He might see the speeding as an aggravating factor in giving you more than 3 points if he found you guilty.

They won't let you see evidence unless you decide to go to court, at which point you're allowed (by right?) to see the evidence against you.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't see the recording he told me to stay next to my vehicle, is it still possible to see the recording? I don't want to get in more trouble, I already signed the fine for the 'Driving without due care and attention' which was 2 shoulder checks.

I'll give them a call and see what they say. It doesn't harm to ask, right?

Edit: That post make sense in a way, he was really formal and if he could would probably got me done for speeding. But surely he can't lie about the recording? Ehh...

Was your camera on? Or did you not have it with you?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I didn't have the cam at the time and there was only 1 cop in the car.

Do I even have the right to view the recording during the stop?

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've been done Twice in the last couple of years for speeding, Both times in my motor & both times not excessive so offered the course. I took it on the one I could so now sit with 3 points. I cannot see any reason not to do the course if they offer you it as once it's done it's done where as the points stay on for years & can hit the cost of your insurance. At my age 3 points doesn't effect the price of my insurance, 6 points would apparently but 3 doesn't.
The way I look at it is the Courses & the First 3 points are your Safety net & after you have used those up you have to ride accordingly until the points are off again & you're back to clean.
As for my driving & riding of course I speed you can't help it some times with modern vehicles being so refined you look down at the speedo thinking you are doing 50'ish & you're doing 68mph 8 over the limit in a 60 & Bosh have 3 points. In the old days with Coppers they could use there discretion & take your speed, weather & driving conditions at the time to make a decision on whether you deserve 3 points or a shouting at but nowadays it's a machine & Click you're ******. This is **** as you could be doing 68mph on a 4 lane motorway at 2am on a dry night with a full moon untold visibility & not a single soul about for miles in a car that is capable of doing 155mph & stopping ultra safely in said condition way over the 70mph speed limit.

It is really disappointing how backwards we are on certain things as Human beings, We all know there is a better way to do something but we still just carry on banging our heads against the walls because "They" say we have to. :(

As for me I don't even drive/ride about like a mental person I am very considerate about my driving/riding whether it be speed or noise. I care for my Life & others lives & for the Country & countryside I live in & use we are not all inconsiderate ***** & it's disappointing to be thought as one because I've been lumped in with others that are obviously complete ******. :p

Soldato
Just been having a little look at how much room I'll have in an Asgard metal garage, 2 bikes should be OK :)

FZAATUS.jpg

The Tuono would be the bike on the right on the paddock stands with the CB400 on the left, with them top-to-tail the bars will be clear of the rear of each bike. Should also have some room down the bottom for a tool chest :D

The only issue will be getting on/off the CB once's it's in the garage... :o:confused::D

Man of Honour
The weather has put a stop to getting stuck into doing anything outside so this afternoon has been spent baby wiping and conditioning my leathers and washing my helmet lining.

Soldato
Post an image with them all loaded up if you manage it, I want to see what they look like on the back of a speed :)

It took me 20 minutes the other day to load up the bags, just need to remember not to put stuff under my seat :D someone on another forum said that when they got wet the straps stretched and he had to re-tighten them, but then his bags weren't exactly strapped on properly.

Straps not tidied up as I was just playing around with fitting/getting used to putting them on properly.

o_1al0guujl1h1qqjufu472jsatg.jpg

o_1al0guujl1n59pmbl16faf6ff.jpg

o_1al0guujlk6t1aeh15831r66b8je.jpg

o_1al0guujk18bqif1dv51506151td.jpg

Soldato
@Tallpaul S, I'd have 4 bikes in there Easy. :p
Haha, 4 dirt bikes maybe :D they're only 5ft wide so a squeeze with 2 bikes. You can just see a brick on the right under the bike on the pic, that marks the edge of the garage.
These look pretty good! I'm going to measure up to see where I could fit one. What size you going for?

The Garage plus, this one http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/motorcycle-storage/motorbike-garage-plus as it allows a bit of space lengthways and means when you top and tail them there's a couple of foot overlap each end. If if I had the space I'd get the big wide one, the 7ft 4in wide one, but our driveway will only allow the 5ft one with just enough space left down the side to get into the back garden.

I'll just need to check with insurers that they count them as a garage, which they should - it's worth £200-300 off my insurance for a Tuono. And of course peace of mind, and the fact I wouldn't want an italian bike left outside over winter.

I was also working out where I would fit a ground anchor, I'll need to remove a few of the bricks and put some concrete in, but then the anchor will be bolted down on top of the metal of the garage, so in order to remove the anchor any thieves would need to take the garage with them :D

Straps not tidied up as I was just playing around with fitting/getting used to putting them on properly.

Nice :) I'm surprised how well a US30 fits on there tbh! I see it does overhang a bit at the back but but's not a issue so long as it doesn't rub on the bodywork. That's a US30, 2x US20s and a US10 right? Looks pretty cosy though ;)

Don't forget to loop the top/middle strap on the 20's through the D ring on the 30 before tightening it up. And attach both before tightening them or else you won't get the 2nd one done up :) I found the fuller they are the better they strap down too.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Soldato
Nice :) I'm surprised how well a US30 fits on there tbh! I see it does overhang a bit at the back but but's not a issue so long as it doesn't rub on the bodywork. That's a US30, 2x US20s and a US10 right? Looks pretty cosy though ;)

Don't forget to loop the top/middle strap on the 20's through the D ring on the 30 before tightening it up. And attach both before tightening them or else you won't get the 2nd one done up :) I found the fuller they are the better they strap down too.

Ah yeah, forgot about that bit, just need to roll he top of the US30 the other way to expose the D rings, then can do that. Seemed solid enough without doing it tbh, but that should help more to stop any slippage! Thanks :)

And yup, that's the setup. Don't really need the US10, but I had it already so may as well use it. It does overhang a little, but no rubbing :)

Back
Top Bottom