Audio for my car using lightning connection

Commissario
The FM transmitters you can get now are pretty pants compared to how they used to be. I went through loads of them before I trashed the idea and moved to something else. They could be fine but the relaxation of the laws regarding transmitters some years ago reduced the power right down to practically nothing and also opened the flood gates for complete rubbish. Anything with enough power to be worthwhile is effectively illegal.

Commissario
Out of interest, this is the sort of thing I bought for my car. It plugs into the CD autochanger socket and it's completely out of sight. I've even started playing radio using an app on the phone instead of actually using the car radio.

Soldato
OP
The FM transmitters you can get now are pretty pants compared to how they used to be. I went through loads of them before I trashed the idea and moved to something else. They could be fine but the relaxation of the laws regarding transmitters some years ago reduced the power right down to practically nothing and also opened the flood gates for complete rubbish. Anything with enough power to be worthwhile is effectively illegal.

Exactly...they're fine for temporary usage but I hate badly integrated stuff, and this is exactly what these cables are, badly integrated with poor sound quality.

Out of interest, this is the sort of thing I bought for my car. It plugs into the CD autochanger socket and it's completely out of sight. I've even started playing radio using an app on the phone instead of actually using the car radio.

That's pretty neat, I like it! I think what I'm creating should be pretty much the same as this, although I won't be able to take phone calls. I think my head unit may do phone calls, though, I just have to work out how.

Agreed. They sound terrible. They are flaky aswell, you get all sorts of interference from other stations as you drive around.

Yeah!

So, an update. I got the lead for the head unit, got the bluetooth receiver. The receiver looks great, it's absolutely miniscule but seems to be really nice quality. I plugged in the aux...and nothing! So I'm thinking I either have the wrong head unit, a faulty head unit, or a faulty cable. I've contacted the seller to see if they have any advice. Otherwise, I'll try one more cable and then think about changing head unit to the slightly newer version, but that's about £60 instead of the £15 I've spent thus far.

Soldato
So you've got the receiver connected to the aux via the red and white cables and have paired the phone to the receiver too? I'm guessing on the head unit you've also selected aux as the source? and have verified the phone is playing its audio to the Bluetooth receiver? how does the receiver get power? have you wired it to a 12v socket behind the head unit?

Soldato
OP
The entire problem is that the head unit doesn't recognise the aux. Otherwise, I can get the rest of it working. Bluetooth module is powere by battery, but has a charging cable that I'm going to wire into the ignition.

Associate
I had a similar quandary with my mini CM - ended up just copying all of my iTunes tunes onto a cheap 32G USB stick (the smallest I could get) and plugging that in - works brilliant - I have the vast majority of my tunes available and my telephone just uses BT for phone calls as normal. Simplicity is king :)

Back
Top Bottom