*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
NM is certainly do-able at 287 light although you may want to take a more support based role instead of pure DPS (Say at the Warpriest you would want to be on Acolyte killing duty instead of WP DPS).

I recall we were all in the 280-300 range when first trying KF.

Associate
Im done with this ******* game, every item I have equipped on my titan is 335 apart from my boots which are 334, every exotic engram I decode is 335, apart from boots which I had three drop the weekend all at 334!

I think if I carry on any further with this stupid idea of maxing out my character ill end up throwing my PS4 out the window! :mad:

Associate
Im done with this ******* game, every item I have equipped on my titan is 335 apart from my boots which are 334, every exotic engram I decode is 335, apart from boots which I had three drop the weekend all at 334!

I think if I carry on any further with this stupid idea of maxing out my character ill end up throwing my PS4 out the window! :mad:

If it isn't fun then yes definitely stop, there is no reason to be max level you will not be at any disadvantage being 334 for any activities. That being said after tomorrow weekly reset the Hard mode challenge raid will be Golgoroth which will give you a increased chance of dropping boots alongside your normal 3oC useage.

Soldato
You don't gain anything going 335, I don't think a single part of the game needs 335. I've had gear thats puts me at 335 since a few days after the recent DLC but not infused stuff too reach 335 yet. Honestly no point, Light level is kind off meaningless which is why I've not done a full raid for maybe 5-6 months.

Soldato
Everything in the game maxes out at 330 light so there is little point in going higher.

I would say anything beyond 320 is going to make you more than capable at the end game. Below 320 and you will start to see noticeable drop offs in damage output in CoE (Needing the extra crit shot can sometimes be the difference between living and dying).

Caporegime

Remember Kids when the Fun Stops. Stop.

This message was brought to you by DestinyPlayersAnonymous ....

Soldato
Light levels pretty much killed Destiny for me. That and the paid for content. And raids that aren't very good. It was sold as adding more customisation but turned out to be quite the opposite and added even more grinding to end game.

Caporegime
The light level increases with next DLC anyhow so it seems pointless at this point in time. Might be better off stock-piling stuff, edging factions etc.

This

there is zero point chasing these drops when it stops becoming fun for you. They will all become obsolete and you'll have to do it all again once the next DLC comes out.

If you're still finding it fun, grind away. But if you're on the point of it not being fun or frustrating, just give up and concentrate on other games and come back after a break.

Associate
Or make the fun not from the game, but from the people you play with. Happy to team up and mess about in the game however you like. Start from fresh and do something silly like only use Fusion rifles - sure. Make a melee only fireteam - sure.

Soldato
Light levels pretty much killed Destiny for me. That and the paid for content. And raids that aren't very good. It was sold as adding more customisation but turned out to be quite the opposite and added even more grinding to end game.

Yeah there is **** all customisations on Destiny, honestly thought you would be able too change hair styles and stuff, they only just recently got a bit off glow too armour and weapons and its going into its 3rd year, be a legend line is just BS for me.

For weapons its obvious they don't want weapon skins cause then they can't use the same weapon model 1240 times with different colour combinations.

Associate
Oh I've given up lol, just going to do the CoE and Iron Banner for ***** and giggles, but I've definitely given up chasing that light level :D

Soldato
https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...iny_class_balance_destiny_weapon_tuning_june/

Well didn't think it was possible but bungie has managed too literally nerf anything fun in the game.

Gunslinger - Nerf trip mines and throwing knives, GG does more damage.
BD - Nerf blink, blink strike, Arc blade takes energy for each swing so your even less mobile, 0.8sec delay between swings so even a warlock can out run you know.
NS - Nerf smoke, can only shade step once ever 3 seconds so useless too(same with titan and TG), tether supresses on hit which is nice but with the lag I expect it too still suck.
Sunsinger - Flame shield has delay, Firebolt has a delay and less range, Viking Funeral now changed too make target take 5% more damage no more extra burn

Feel bad for hunters, at least with the titan and warlock balance patches Strikes got a huge buff, so did bubble bros, voidwalkers got a solid buff. Hunters it seems like mostly nerf then perk changes, honestly right now at the high end I only see Strikes, Stormcallers being competitive and maybe some void walkers.

This constant nerfing makes me miss the old thorn days to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom