Majorca Alcudia B-)

Soldato
I love Alcudia. We went for the first time last year and stayed at one of the all-inclusive kiddy camps (Club Mac). It was actually a lot of fun and my two 10 year olds had a blast. My wife used to dance there 10 years ago and was able to catch up with an old friend who stayed on. Only good memories so we're going back this year.

Soldato
Stayed with a large group (families) at one of the 3 main hotels in the large resort, thought I'd hate it but really wasn't too bad at all. Lots for kids to do and all the entertainers that year were great (and fit :p)

Not tons there around the resort itself IIRC but the old town is nice with a good market day, and the sea is lovely to swim in if you go to the beach.

Soldato
Haven't been to Majorca for some time but last time we stayed in palma nova and headed up to Alcudia for a day on a ranch riding horses followed by a huge bbq. It was a 'be a cowboy for the day' thing.

Really enjoyed it :)

Soldato
Went on 11th May to Alcudia Pins. Just a 20 min bus ride south of Alcudia, based in Playa de Muro (sp). Not lots to do at our resort area (outside hotel) but enough, some nice walks and few shops, restaurants etc. We had pony rides for kids, trampolines and a park where we were but I guess more to do in the town of Muro though.

I recommend booking taxi from airport to Alcudia. It took us just over 2 hours to get to our hotel as it was last on the list or next to last iirc. We had a 16 month old who was a little ****ed off and so did a few other couples/families. Nightmare to say the least.

Alcudia Old town is nice. Roman ruins are good and a nice walk around them, if your interested in that sort of thing. That cost 3 euro each. Also, its a lovely town to walk round, with loads of shops, cafes, restaurants, historical buildings, the city wall to walk around and a bull ring to look around.
The beaches are fab!! Sunbeds cost a fair bit on them so didnt use them, seas so clear and goes out quite shallow. We didn't get much time to do anything else but there are loads of things on offer such as glass bottom boats trips around the island, water sports etc.

Buses are very cheap, E3.10 for two of us to go to Alcudia from our Hotel.

We didn't go to Palma, as we didn't fancy the long trip across the island on the bus as our son didnt do very well on the way there, however we would have probably hired a car if we drove, as in Palma there is an aquarium, Marineland and other great sights.

Back
Top Bottom