*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone found any information regarding the power consumption? I am lead to believe the current Xbox one uses 110-115W max while gaming. just wondered whether the Xbox one s has significantly changed that, especially with the power supply now being internal too so it must be a lot less power.

I cant personally see a reason why i should change as i dont have a 4K TV, Netflix or UHD Blurays. however if power consumption is lower then i can probably tempt myself...

Soldato
Glad to see first party xbox games coming to PC no reason for me to buy xbox one now. I wonder what Nintendo plans are for 4k and VR...

Soldato
Anyone on the NXOE with Cortana?

She is useful as she is useless for now. Takes awhile to respond to my commands vs good old 'Xbox' commands.

She will turn on but she can't seem to turn off my xbox. All commands now takes at least 5seconds vs 'Xbox' within 2. As it's beta, I hope it improves.

Soldato
Anyone else have issues with download speeds when Streaming to Windows 10?

I'm sat here looking at my Xbox on my TV and getting 30MB/s but as soon as I connect to it via the Windows 10 App to stream the download speed plumments to < 1MB/s

Running on a Gigabit network.

Soldato
Anyone else have issues with download speeds when Streaming to Windows 10?

I'm sat here looking at my Xbox on my TV and getting 30MB/s but as soon as I connect to it via the Windows 10 App to stream the download speed plumments to < 1MB/s

Running on a Gigabit network.

Yup, I never download when I'm streaming. Clearly can't cope with it for some reason.

Soldato
Well that images doesn't tell us much, shows exactly the same on the illustration from the height and front view.
Gives a darn good idea of width and height, which is generally what most people care about. Cant see depth, but to say it 'doesn't tell us much'?

Pretty decent shrink assuming it stays as quiet as the original.

Soldato
Anyone on the NXOE with Cortana?

She is useful as she is useless for now. Takes awhile to respond to my commands vs good old 'Xbox' commands.

She will turn on but she can't seem to turn off my xbox. All commands now takes at least 5seconds vs 'Xbox' within 2. As it's beta, I hope it improves.

So far, Cortana has been AWFUL for me.

Not understanding what I say, snapping stuff that I then don't seem to be able to unsap with a voice command, making games lag even after Cortana has stopped listening (Quantum Break specifically).

This is before we even get on the the fact saying "Hey Cortana" instead of "Xbox" takes longer, makes less sense, and makes you sound like an idiot.

In general, I preferred the previous dahsboard. I really don't like the homescreen now, the way there's so much wasted space with the last 5 games/apps you've used.

NXOE is also slow at times, opening the guide is slow, double tapping the Xbox button on the controller sometimes opens the guide and sometimes takes me to the home screen - very frustrating.

Associate
Im finding the new update rather sluggish, but expect it to improve.

When trying to download the Halo Wars 2 beta or Lego SW:TFA demo the "buy" or "free" button never appeared - and I went in at least 10 times on each.

My dashboard also freezes up for a good 5-10 seconds when going into the store.

The Games and Apps section - its good when it displays what you have played today, but if you dont play on your Xbox for 1 day all your latest played game tiles disappear and they just drop into the "Older" section.

Soldato
Cortana is slowly griding my nerves now.
Often searching rather than doing a command.
And the background thinking after issuing and completing a command. Damn updates.

Soldato
Cortana wont be hooked in fully, they did the same on the phones when it was in previews, think it has to be hooked up to several other servers etc.

Associate
This is an Alpha preview pretty much, lots of bugs to be expected. I hope all of you are giving your feedback on the preview forums as well as reporting it via the Preview Program app.

Caporegime
Wondering if anyone can help me get my head around the new Xbox one announcements.

So to compare the three.

You have the normal Xbox One which will continue to be sold and produced despite the newer models and games will continue to work on it fine.

The Xbox One S is a smaller, slightly more powerful iteration with integrated PSU. It can output 4K video and upscale games to 4k. It can also play games in HDR - but what res does it do this? The console is also available in August. Also it has a built in Ultra HD player.

Then there is the Xbox Scorpio, available next year, ready to decimate everything as being a true 4k console?

Any help appreciated :)

Caporegime
You have the normal Xbox One which will continue to be sold and produced despite the newer models and games will continue to work on it fine.

The Xbox One S is a smaller, slightly more powerful iteration with integrated PSU. It can output 4K video and upscale games to 4k. It can also play games in HDR - but what res does it do this? The console is also available in August. Also it has a built in Ultra HD player.

Then there is the Xbox Scorpio, available next year, ready to decimate everything as being a true 4k console?

I reckon the normal Xbone will soon be ceasing production, if it hasn't already. The Xbone S will be its replacement just as the Xbox 360 S was to the normal 360.

Xbox One S will be 1080p, 900p or use dynamic scaling as the normal Xbone does now. The HDR will just be there as another graphical feature to use.

The Scorpio will probably use dynamic scaling to reach 4K (specifically UHD) but I should think the resolution changes won't be as noticeable because you'll still be in the region of 1440p or thereabouts. Then again we might be totally surprised and it will manage a consistent 4K/60. No-one knows yet. :p

Soldato
This is an Alpha preview pretty much, lots of bugs to be expected. I hope all of you are giving your feedback on the preview forums as well as reporting it via the Preview Program app.

Aye, feedback like anything and everything that annoyed me. Hope it improves.

I just need to turn off Cortana on my Tablet as every command now have both my tablet reacting too.

Caporegime
The Scorpio will probably use dynamic scaling to reach 4K (specifically UHD) but I should think the resolution changes won't be as noticeable because you'll still be in the region of 1440p or thereabouts. Then again we might be totally surprised and it will manage a consistent 4K/60. No-one knows yet. :p
Be mindful that 1440p to 2160p is the same as 720p is to 1080p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Anyone on the new update with Cortana is having the same issue as I;

All downloads, new or old are stuck at queue, 0% and not downloading at all, despite restarting and plenty of space?

I noticed it when I tried to install Dishonored last night and today, it's still stuck at 0%. Forcing it to install and nothing happens. Basically, I can't play any other game apart from those installed. Elder Scrolls Online is stuck at 30% download and not working. Tried to download Groove Music, stuck at 0% too.

Back
Top Bottom