Fathers Day 2016

Soldato
I got a tshirt that says expert gamer, and my 10 week old baby has one that says "gamer in training". That and a load of chocolate and snacks. I'm happy with my first father's day as the father!

Commissario
LMF bought me an upside down beer bottle glass withe "Beer makes me happy" on it and YMF gave me a book, The Lost World of Bletchley Park: The Illustrated History of the Wartime Codebreaking Centre.

/edit - and YMF has just bought me pizza!

Soldato
Got about 6 cards this morning. Only have two kids, though.

Mrs Cheesyboy bought me one of those Chewbacca masks on behalf of the kids (they're 6 and 2). It's very much more a gift for them than for me :D

Haven't seen my Dad since Christmas, even then it felt awkward going to see him.
They never involve themselves with my life and I never theirs..
Never felt close to either parents really.
One buggered off when I was 6 or 7 (Dad)
leaving with the other who would never interact, chat, involve or otherwise take an interest in my life (as a kid or now)
Depressing day, especially seeing a load of FB posts on the subject where everyone has cards and what not.

Don't you still live with your mum at 40? Can't be that bad.

Soldato
Got about 6 cards this morning. Only have two kids, though.

Mrs Cheesyboy bought me one of those Chewbacca masks on behalf of the kids (they're 6 and 2). It's very much more a gift for them than for me :D

Don't you still live with your mum at 40? Can't be that bad.

Yes and looking back at the post I spelled living as leaving.
Partly I suppose why I'm still here, we never get in each others way, don't eat together or anything like that.

Associate
This time of year is utterly grim for me, other halfs dad died about 6 years ago and mine died when I was 6 (i'm 27 now).

A trip to the monastery for her yesterday and one to the graveyard for me today....don't take what you have for granted people.

Soldato
Spending another happy day with my wife, my one year old daughter and the bump; then round to the in-laws for dinner. My step-son was hiding in his room on his PS3 somewhere, allegedly... Can't say for sure as I never saw him. :p

I spent the morning out hooning around the B roads in the car. When I got home my one year old enjoyed opening my cards, DA orbital polisher (car), polishing compound, glaze, pads and accessories, while I told the wife she'd spent far too much. Seeing my daughter suddenly decide to walk around for the day after her refusing to stop crawling thus far was the best present ever though. :D

Associate
Told the other half not to bother getting anything but son bought me a new bottle for MMA .. The day is just a normal sunday for me

As for my father died years ago never spent time with him he was a butthole tbh :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I went to a ceramic craft place where my 8 month old son put his hand prints on a mug. The out to enjoy the weather and lunch at the UK's first Smashburger.

Soldato
Early present last month, a ps4 with doom and uncharted 4.

Then a personalised book"written by" my 4 month old son. And a full English. Finished with home made chocolate cake.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I received a card from my son.

Now, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there was something suspicious about the handwriting in it. Firstly, if I look at the cursive script the way the letters 's', 'r' and 'g' are all written is highly reminiscent of that of my wife. Second, given that he has no income of his own, I'm wondering how (and indeed when, given that he can't walk) he purchased this card, it had a shiny front so I suspect it wasn't the cheapest available. Finally, his grasp of language is terrible at best, non-existent at worst, most of the time I can only get an unintelligible burble out of the clingy dependent, and yet I'm to believe he bought me this card?

/tin foil hat..

Back
Top Bottom