DC Vault

PDW

PDW

Associate
We have moved up to 8th :)

Primarily due to VGTU being added, though we had been edging closer anyway.

1k to climb to 7th and 9th are nearly 1.4k behind us

PDW

PDW

Associate
It shouldn't take too much to rise through the rankings on there, I remember you saying it favours Linux. I'll put it on my to do list :)
Nice work on your to do list, half way to 7th already :)

Have you noticed any results with reduced credits ?

Soldato
OP
Nice work on your to do list, half way to 7th already :)

Have you noticed any results with reduced credits ?

Only when I first started, I was getting around 40 pts per WU and a few random 25s, but I haven't noticed that recently, my machines aren't hidden if you'd like to wade through all thosw WUs and look :)

Malaria control is due for removal which should help us gain on 7th.

Soldato
OP
7th :cool:
Our highest ever position :)

Though I have noticed that Rechenkraft.net are showing as having no team on VTGU, when they have. I have dropped a message relaying this, I like us to be where we are fairly.

PDW

PDW

Associate
SoB has been removed and we're now down to 8th
Czech National Team had no SoB team and have leapfrogged us and many other teams.

Interesting strategy to completely ignore a project and hope it gets removed !

They have less than 5k points on OGR-28 and could easily jump up to 5th with very little effort and then be in easy reach of 4th and higher :eek:

Associate
To be fair, many teams are enjoying the position they have from easy points from non-BOINC projects. Just having 1 point will give you thousands of Vault points above many teams as they are indeed less popular. I have even spoken against people considering the possibility of creating teams and running 1 work unit so that it increases the number of points your team could have in doing so. I won't go into detail but it is very shady business if someone does do that. So, teams that put a lot of resources outside of BOINC do indeed risk losing that chunk. But that is also part of the incentive to run many projects. If you look at the rankings..there are quite a few large teams that are sitting below the top 5 that wouldn't be that low if it were all BOINC rather than DC in general. SETI.USA for example....

PDW

PDW

Associate
In other news, we moved up to 5th in the Vault last night due to the addition of VDW Numbers :cool:

Alas, this morning we dropped down to 6th as one of the lower teams piled into it to increase their position :(

Associate
6 OcUK - Overclockers UK 8 28,612,800 74,448,600 45,835,800
7 Astronomy.Ru Forum 6 28,610,400 156,461,640 127,851,240

Asteroids ! looks like we just about to be overtaken or have just overtook , lol i forget which.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hadn't realised it had been 6 months since posting here :eek:

TN-Grid has just been added so we are now 4th overall (having been in 6th) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom