Goodwood Festival of Speed - Folding stool yay or nay

Soldato
Hello All!

Its been a while since I last started a thread here.
Its a boring question but one no one had quite answered on the internet.

The question is as titled tbh, it's been a while since i last went to the FoS
and i couldn't remember if there were people using foldable chairs to enjoy the hill climb viewing. I do remember that there were plenty of viewing spaces to deploy one of those tripod stools though.

So, i want the experienced FoS goers opinions on folding stools! yay or nay!

For your information, im going on the Friday :)

Thanks in advanced !

Transmission breaker
Don
See you there on Friday.

We never take any sitting stuff. You end up too low, and cant see anything. However, I think I might take a step stool for my boy so, he can see better over the hay bales.

Associate
For the hill climb is probable not needed as you can sort in the grass when not much is on. But for the rally stage i found a seat really handy since there really want any great places to sit between the action.

Soldato
OP
Hello all and thank you for the replies!

When I went a long time ago, i cant remember if it was a Thursday or a Sunday but there was plenty of space and walls were not too high up.
maybe things are different now?
I'm going tomorrow - news from the car parks isn't good!
What's this news you speak of? is it regarding the rain and mud? (if so, I'm glad im taking the company car!)

I'm going Sunday - FoS noob, so any tips?
Nothing from me, im a noob too :D

See you there on Friday.

We never take any sitting stuff. You end up too low, and cant see anything. However, I think I might take a step stool for my boy so, he can see better over the hay bales.

See you there, lets have a great day out :)

Associate
So you guys will be one of many clogging up my beloved Chichester!

Please don't cause too much traffic!

You will have to share Chichester with me, at least until 5.30 everyday.

Bring wellies is the advice at the moment, it will take a while for that to dry up, even the tarmac roads away from the event are inch deep in mud.

Soldato
You will have to share Chichester with me, at least until 5.30 everyday.

Bring wellies is the advice at the moment, it will take a while for that to dry up, even the tarmac roads away from the event are inch deep in mud.

Ruh roh. Where is this news from? I'm heading down Saturday morning and don't really fancy getting stuck in a field!

Associate
Surrounding roads are v.v.v. muddy - not great with a white car :'(

Traffic was even bad getting home from work today, so probably doubled the distance getting home, but anything to avoid the a27 roundabout

Soldato
I'm going Sunday - FoS noob, so any tips?

The manufacturer stands usually have a stand for owners (I know Merc does). Show them your keys and you get a coffee and a good view. Merc has been next to the first turn so you get a good view of the cars on the small bendy straight after T1 and you're right next to the track. It's somewhere to bail if it starts raining.

Soldato
I went today, thankfully where I parked wasn't too bad. The stewards were advising me not to go further uphill.

I did see a Range Rover stuck in the mud though uphill. Where I was, a mini was struggling to get out but I had no issues in my MX-5. Just had to avoid the deeper mud.

Hopefully the weather is better tomorrow and it all dries out before Saturday...

Back
Top Bottom