Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
39ysy9.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I did that last time coming from a motorway, 3 lanes and the black guy in his vectra went over the line just so I don't get in front of him, the camera flashed. I looked back at the guy who was behind me and he was laughing as he saw the whole thing from behind, I gave that guy in vectra thumbs up for his stupidity. What an idiot...

Man of Honour
@tom_e

do you have radiator/oil grills on your SV?

do you know if you need to take off the fairings to fit the grills?
I've got one fitted to my rad, I've got the oil one sat in the shed but due to the position of the screw that holds it on it just gets blasted with all the road grime and rounded off as soon as I looked at it and the only way to get a proper straight shot at it is to remove the header pipe so I've never bothered.

Yours may be better as it's not as old.

Not sure on the fairing removal as I've only got a belly pan but from a quick look I'd say yes as you can't get to the screws on the side of the rad with it on.

Soldato
I've got one fitted to my rad, I've got the oil one sat in the shed but due to the position of the screw that holds it on it just gets blasted with all the road grime and rounded off as soon as I looked at it and the only way to get a proper straight shot at it is to remove the header pipe so I've never bothered.

Yours may be better as it's not as old.

Not sure on the fairing removal as I've only got a belly pan but from a quick look I'd say yes as you can't get to the screws on the side of the rad with it on.

thanks for the info mate, will check it closer tonight.

also got a Pyramid Hugger to go on, not cheap though for plastic! :eek:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
thanks for the info mate, will check it closer tonight.

also got a Pyramid Hugger to go on, not cheap though for plastic! :eek:

You paid like 170 quid for it? I can't justify spending that much, I'm only buying things that are useful now. :p

Associate
Perhaps a contentious issue, but filtering to the front of a queue if there is a gap at the front, but it's got zig-zags?

I know people argue that you should stay behind the lead car, but if there is a gap?

I ask, because on my commute in today, there was a single car (merc) stopped at some lights, nothing in the oncoming lane, and she'd left a gap. So I filtered to the front of her, but as doing so she tried to drive into me. Literally a cm or so from my bike. She then held her horn down.

I simply left her in my mirrors on green. She tried to chase me, but had no chance.

Was I in the wrong here?

merc.jpg

According to the Highway Code you were in the wrong. "You MUST NOT overtake the moving vehicle nearest the crossing or the vehicle nearest the crossing which has stopped to give way to pedestrians."

But it wasn't the driver's responsibility to make a point using a motor vehicle and show aggression to let you know that. (If a Police car was there I very much doubt you'd have been pulled either, unless they were really, really bored.)

I personally don't see nothing wrong with it (and I guess I would say that being a biker), as I filter to front of queues every day, be it 1 vehicle or 10. I believe it's all about respecting the other road users and you did nothing to 'annoy' that driver.

Associate
Damn!
My new Dainese Fulcrum boots turned up and they're too big.
Just RMA'd them for exchange but they don't have my required size in stock for approx a week...gutted now.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Damn!
My new Dainese Fulcrum boots turned up and they're too big.
Just RMA'd them for exchange but they don't have my required size in stock for approx a week...gutted now.

I tried the Fulcrum whilst buying my SMX6, the Eur 45 was too small and Eur 46 is way too big. One of the problems I have with my feet is, that they're long skinny and wide. Usually you either have fat wide feet or skinny slim feet. :p

How much space do you people have in your boots, as in free space? I would say a 44.5 would have been spot on, so around 0.5 size bigger than I need. :p

Back
Top Bottom