Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
Despite some of it being quite entertaining, I wouldn't want to antagonise people, particularly those that I know. During the biggest decision the country has made in recent history, the **** flinging and juvenile name calling needs to calm down over this referendum now. We need to show some Solidarity more than ever.

Quite an ironic post given your earlier comments...

Associate
Tell me about it. There's someone on mine who is of great hilarity. She is actually using the word, apocalypse, to describe what's happened. Also, the whole thing has been a hate campaign from leave, we're all racists and she is emigrating.

I know, great, isn't it. I am posting loads of BoJo memes and the like, just to balance it out.

Soldato
In a really perverse 360, the bankers have just been given a massive hand. It seems that a great deal of the populace, particularly in areas that voted to Leave, is still very much anti-banker, but...

In a political move a couple of years ago the EU implemented a bankers' bonus cap to appease the clamouring masses. Fair enough, maybe. However, as most people warned at the time, this resulted in base salaries rising for the banking community to compensate for the restricted bonus levels. So finance salaries in London have become obscene.

Now that we're leaving the EU, the bonus cap will likely fall away, yet the average base salary is still massive - several years ago we had relatively large salaries with uncapped bonuses, but now we've got them on massive ****ing salaries and potentially no bonus cap. So there's a bizarre situation whereby in order to restrict the evil bankers, this turn of events may suit them nicely. Although, their bonuses could very well be negatively impacted by a UK/European economy which stagnates or struggles over the coming years.

Caporegime
All the remainers just can't understand things not going their way, and the frustration theyre feeling now is completely new to them. This is because the country has been decided for them and towards their values for so long, but they aren't the only people in the country and lots of people out there have been angry at the direction of the country for a really long time and they used this as an opportunity to say so.

So the remainers are thinking 'wtf just happened' because they were clueless that people different to them even existed or they pretended they were just hateful xenophobic hateful people like Nigel and the answer to them is just organise a few anti-racism protests and call them racist.

You've talked some rubbish but this is just about the best.

Caporegime
Stay in the EU. Ideally we should also encourage the farmers to improve efficiency so they're not reliant on subsidies in the first place.

In Australia farmers aren't subsidised at all, and they still complete powerfully in the global market: so much so that the USA heavily subsidises its meat industry to protect it from Australian imports.

Reform the CAP you mean? I honestly believe that was impossible while we were in the EU. Tony Blair tried it - gave away 20% of our rebate in return for CAP reform that never happened. Who knows, maybe today's shock to the Euro-establishment might be enough to persuade them that Europe needs reform in this area but I doubt it - 'Ollande has an election to win next year.

Soldato
In a really perverse 360, the bankers have just been given a massive hand. It seems that a great deal of the populace, particularly in areas that voted to Leave, is still very much anti-banker, but...

In a political move a couple of years ago the EU implemented a bankers' bonus cap to appease the clamouring masses. Fair enough, maybe. However, as most people warned at the time, this resulted in base salaries rising for the banking community to compensate for the restricted bonus levels. So finance salaries in London have become obscene.

Now that we're leaving the EU, the bonus cap will likely fall away, yet the average base salary is still massive - several years ago we had relatively large salaries with uncapped bonuses, but now we've got them on massive ****ing salaries and potentially no bonus cap. So there's a bizarre situation whereby in order to restrict the evil bankers, this turn of events may suit them nicely. Although, their bonuses could very well be negatively impacted by a UK/European economy which stagnates or struggles over the coming years.

Don't forget that they no longer have to worry about all the EU financial power grabbing outlined in the 5 presidents report, and that the financial transaction tax isn't going to happen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom