Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Don't forget the 330mrt and a400 contracts. If Airbus tries anything funny, the uk should cancel them.

Put it this way moving say 320 jigs to the EU would br about 5 years minimum of construction.

Several years after that of trianing which would need the british teams to train thier own replacements on the mainland.

Fundamental change to the conetinents certification system.

Yet a few months strike in the uk would have the company bankrupt and gone.

It aint happening.

To stay competative they need thier center of excelence right here in wales.
.airbus are the modt incompetwnt comlany ever though

I share a name with a manager in filton and have been emailed entire flight test reports for the a400m in the past.

Airbus in its wisdom decided initial.surname@airbus was a good way to run a email system.

.....yeah

Soldato
Well that is an interesting point of view.

All those stupid country bumpkins eh? where would they be without the intellectual elite of London to show them how its done?

Boo hiss to country bumpkins, those straw chewing dungaree wearing inbred fools.

Well what is the plan? I've not read or found anything about the plan going forward.

Soldato
Did you even read the article you linked? It quite clearly states that its the supermarkets rejecting wonky vegetables because they believe consumers want "prettier" vegetables.

It also then states that they sell it in times of poor harvest.

So, nothing to do with the EU, whatsoever.

Or as the Fruit farmer said on BBC the supermarkets puts far more stipulations on his fruit than the EU.

Soldato
Now I'm waiting to see what the big announcements the EU was holding on to (until after the vote) are...

Scotland was going to find a way to leave either way, so might as well let them. It will be interesting to see how they do when all the subsidies from the UK stop and corporations migrate south.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm feeling even more pessimistic today than I usually do, the people well placed to succeed David Cameron are power hungry, paranoid sociopaths.

I hope Scotland do push for another referendum, this isn't the UK they chose in 2014 and they are certainly entitled to choose again.

Soldato
I smell an agenda here as the facts contradict this report from The Independent:

FTSE250%206M.png

a) Clearly the drop is 7.08% and not 11.4%.
b) The FTSE 250 is higher than it was back in Feb 2016.

I wonder what the goal is of those who spout these incorrect figures, its like they actually want to see the country fail so they can say 'we told you so'.

Not at all. I'm devastated by the result and think we're in for a lengthy period of struggle, with a likely self-instructed recession, but I'm really ****ing hopeful it all turns around. I was merely pointing to one of the more accurate barometers of our economy.

It's not really important where it was back in Feb 2016 in my opinion. The most relevant information is where it was at post-recession and pre-Brexit announcement last year. It was quite a bit higher than it was today.

Associate
I'll give you one, migrants coming to do low paid work are net contributors.
On which planet is someone getting more back in housing benefit tax credits and child support than they pay in tax and NI a net contributor ? and that's before you've even started in on the services impact.

So there's a lie.

Disclaimer: I voted Remain, and I agree with you.

However, the benfits aren't necessarily split evenly across the UK. My mother & her partner (they both voted Leave) work in a warehouse with a lot of Polish workers who apparently have said that they can get a lot of benefits.

I can imagine EU workers in London and the South-East contributing significantly in taxes and taking up very little of the social & NHS budgets.

However, it's *possible* - and I'd be interested in any statistics to show whether this is actually true or not - the net benefit could *potentially* be heavily weighted to London areas, and non-London areas (which pretty much all swung to Leave) see things differently from their perspective.

Geographic variation (and job type) is important.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, let's take your reasoning, which I dont disagree with necessarily, and apply it to the situation:

UK is doing 'ok'. Not a total disaster at all, EU is not ruining us, we're not falling apart or any such thing. So...........let's let the population, none of whom really know what is best for anybody else, decide on whether to throw the entire country's future into a HUGE unknown with the *potential* for disaster?

My problem all along is that the gamble was so unnecessary and way too high-stake when things weren't going that badly beforehand. There was no desperate situation that called for this. And as you say, we're letting people who DONT know what is best make the choice. It's absurd.

And of course I am entirely bitter that I think the decision might have gone another way if not for xenophobes and racists that were pandered to. Leave supporters are completely denying this is a thing at all, but I think that's freaking ridiculous and it's patently obvious it is.

So yea, I'm frustrated and I'm not going to NOT complain about it. Democracy isn't about taking a vote and shutting up. It's not a sports match where we go, "Jolly match good fellow, maybe next time" and suck up any hard feelings because it's just a sports match at the end of the day. This could easily have deep and meaningful impacts on the lives of ordinary people, big and small.

Absolutely, however you must agree, that its hard to look at people as intellectually and morally superior with the kind of language they use and the emotional and disparaging way they dismiss anyone who holds a different opinion.
The argument a lot seem to be relying on, is people who want to leave are stupid, and those that want to stay are right.

Because........... well for a lot of them, thats about as far is it goes, because they dont really know why they might be right, its fear of the unknown and they are lashing out at those that have caused that fear.

Like it or not, the country is not going to spiral out of control, or go bankrupt, there are not going to be food shortages, the EU isnt going to cut us off from buying their cheap cheese.

I dont even think this is actually going to result in the UK leaving the EU, its most likely going to a revised membership, where they keep our money coming in, we accept a hard cap on free movement of workers, and the EU court cant over ride those in the UK.

There is simply too much money at stake for the split to happen.

Lots of people are are angry, lots of people NEED to posture, such as the EU president to legitimize his position after completely failing to prevent the UK voting to leave, its going to be OK.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well what is the plan? I've not read or found anything about the plan going forward.

Vote Leave were denied access to civil servants during the campaign, so therefore did not have access to the people who could come up with the plan. We've got until October before we're going to invoke Article 50, and then we've got two years to do the negotiation.

Soldato
I smell an agenda here as the facts contradict this report from The Independent:

a) Clearly the drop is 7.08% and not 11.4%.
b) The FTSE 250 is higher than it was back in Feb 2016.

I wonder what the goal is of those who spout these incorrect figures, its like they actually want to see the country fail so they can say 'we told you so'.

News from the FTSE 250 is more sobering. The index, which is home to more UK-focused companies and so is considered more representative of the UK economy, ended the day down 7.2pc - its worst day since Black Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom