Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What effect do you people think the decision made will have on us bikers? Fuel prices going up? Motorcycle gear going up in price? etc?

It'll definitely be harder for Brits to travel around Europe...

Man of Honour
What's that program called which lets you pick a destination and then transfer to your tomtom?

Tyre.

What effect do you people think the decision made will have on us bikers? Fuel prices going up? Motorcycle gear going up in price? etc?

In the short term nothing in the long term still nothing major we already get shafted on kit price compared to other EU countries and people in places like Switzerland have no problem traveling round Europe.

Soldato

Why will it be harder? Nothing will change re: travel into europe. We'll get new passports without the EU on them, other than that Euros will be more expensive for a while. Euro 4 emission laws won't change as bike manufacturers won't make a new model just for us Brits, but the stupid A1/A2 licencing laws (which were a EU requirement) we'll be able to change. Whether they will or not however...

Prices might be affected in the medium term, due to £/$ and euro rates, but that's just the currency markets.

A few more checks at the eurotunnel/ferry but once you're into France it's the same as before.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I doubt the A1/A2 stupid laws will change, maybe it'll go back to license going automatically into A but you would still need to pay for the admin fees to get your license update with it etc.

I wonder if Triumph will make bikes for Britain without those stupid Euro 4 laws. :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Went to see some of my mates at Ace, its a half way for everyone and its bikers cafe. :D

I still think the H2 looks ugly and would take the ZX10-R 2016 any day...
ZSb62TJl.jpg qN36yNxl.jpg
Q9Ov4zul.jpg

Man of Honour
Replaced my OEM yoke nut last week as it was losing it's chrome and starting to rust. Only problem was putting a black one on just showed up how rough my top yoke in general was looking.

So off I went looking for a yoke protector. £20 for the OEM Suzuki one or £7 for this lump of real CF.

I think it tidies it up a bit at least.
Z3KitN2l.jpg
aQTcNqgl.jpg

Man of Honour
I've got a feeling infinity carbon that made them have gone bust, I managed to pick it up from an eBay seller that seems to be selling all their stock off so they only had one.
Yep they just use heavy duty double sided tape to attach.

Just the res master cylinder is stock. Yes it is a knock off. No I don't care it looks and acts like the real thing without the lol price tag :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
There was so much police at ace, 4 or 5 big mopeds. Around 6 on foot and 2 cars just going up and down... they also put metal bars on the side to stop cars parking there. Still plenty of space for bikes to park there though. :p

BTW Don't buy the Rizoma knock off mirrors, they are rubbish! Mine twisted at 120 and the thread just rounded off. :(

Back
Top Bottom