Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's a clone, there's no way I would spend the money on the originals.

I got this one on Aliexpress for about £22, there is a better titanium clone on eBay for about £100 too.

Interestingly, some of the higher priced clones (not branded fakes) are actually made in exactly the same factory as the CKF version. Just unbranded, not assembled in Russia, and sold at about a 10th of the cost.

It's rather put me off the CKF brand!

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I'm very close to replacing my Apple Watch with one of these, would be interested to hear your thoughts so far

Sorry must have missed this, I really like it. I bought the 2 just as the original 3 was being released and it did what I what I wanted but I was always looking at the prices of the 3 coming down and thinking I should do a swap, my 2 started playing up charging and Amazon offered me a refund, I also got a good deal on the 3 HR but on preorder so had to wait about 5 weeks for delivery.

I wasn't looking for a full blown smartwatch, I needed grid refs and compass for work so this suited my needs nicely, the screen isn't as good as a colleagues Apple watch but it suits the type of watch it is, widgets, apps and watch faces are good and there's new stuff arriving weekly in the Garmin IQ Store.

Its also a lot more manly looking :D

Soldato
Wanted a small knife to put on my keys (this is uk legal) just so I have something to open stuff with instead of using sheer force with my key to open stuff.
Got this for £1.35, its quite sharp, cuts through paper cleanly.

IMG_20160625_113844919.jpg

IMG_20160625_114032651.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice! Got a link?

http://www.gearbest.com/edc-tools/pp_333377.html took about 10 days to arrive.

And hughtrimble, its all metal and less than 10x the cost, the "toy" comment is largly down to opinion. Sure one of those Victorinox would be better if you need the extra tools on it, but if you just need a simple knife for cutting packaging, then its just extra bulk. Also theres no issue of its being a disguised knife I asked a member of the family who's in the police, the exposed blade is enough to make it legal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yet another holiday, that'll be 4 holidays abroad this year now :D

(well 6 if you include Sydney & Dubai at the beginning of this year on the way back from NZ which was technically last year.

27896732745_c1fa738913_b.jpg

This time we're off to Ibiza for the closing parties in September to break up the long stay at home between France in 4 weeks and NZ again in January.

It's a hard life! :p

Soldato
http://www.gearbest.com/edc-tools/pp_333377.html took about 10 days to arrive.

And hughtrimble, its all metal and less than 10x the cost, the "toy" comment is largly down to opinion. Sure one of those Victorinox would be better if you need the extra tools on it, but if you just need a simple knife for cutting packaging, then its just extra bulk. Also theres no issue of its being a disguised knife I asked a member of the family who's in the police, the exposed blade is enough to make it legal.

Interesting. Can you provide measurements of its thickness, width at widest point and length?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom