Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
There was a police car yesterday in London with lights/sirens on behind me, it was a marked car. I thought it was for me. I went onto the side and they went past me, my hearbeat was probably around 150...

More like NWA - **** the police :D

Edit: All that Police was there intill 22:00, than only 2 policemen were on foot. People were still doing stunts though :p

All that police force was there for no reason, instead they could be catching real criminals and leave the biker community alone... :mad:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If they're doing stunts on public roads they should expect to get spanked no one's being picked on just because they're bikers.

It's like a lot of the ****s that go to Bassets Pole these days just there to act like ****ing idiots and then cry that they're being singled out because they're bikers.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I find those chavs on mopeds without plates annoying and its not them who I mean, but if there's not enough space at Ace. People usually park on the pavement, now you can't as Police have said they'll tow the vehicle away to the police car park...

It would be better if Ace was somewhere else in the country side, with lots of space. Where Ace is now, its pretty cramped, when there was Polish bikers day. The bike were parked everywhere, on the bridge, pavement as Ace was packed. It was hard to move around Ace's parking area. But I think a permission has been given as even the guys who control the traffic in those orange vests were on the bridge directing bikers.

BTW There was even a 10-12 year old kid on a little cross 80cc bike that was doing wheelies, I would have got a slap if at the age of 10 I took my quad somewhere public. :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Are you actually hell bent on losing your licence as quickly as possible? Just get on a track if not.

I only hit that speed once, it was at 3-4 am. I hit it and decelerated straight away. The wind above 90 is annoying, I'm usually going 80-84 and feels much faster than what the actual speed is. BTW my Speedo is overreading by 3-5 miles depending on the speed.

Its too early for a track day, I don't know my bike that well... only done 3500 miles on it so far. :( I only used the bike as a way of transport now, that way it doesn't usually encourage me to twist it all the way. Its just annoying how a lot of drivers sit up your rear thinking you'll go faster and than you slow down even more so they can overtake you... I'll do a bit more miles, get a 2 piece and do a trackday.

I need to sort out my exhaust too, I need to find out how loud it is. With the baffle its really quiet for a straight through without cats, but I'm not sure whenever it would pass their test. I'm also just reading up on the rules, looking at track day videos to get an idea of what to expect. From the time I've been stopped the most I went over the speed limit was 10, on the motorway. Here's my confession and that night when the police was behind me I did 6-8mph over the speed limit. But my speedo overreads and I didn't have the GPS on, so not sure how fast I was actually going.

Associate
hows the bike benji? I aint been able to get out much on mine:( think ive only clocked 600 miles on it so far

ohh and I nearly dropped it a few days ago put my foot down and it slide on a mud patch,only just saved it

Hey Wazza,

I need to remove the upper fairings again as she's rattling a little bit since I changed the coolant. I'm assuming I've just not done something up quite tight enough however I'm working away from how until the end of next week so not been out for a while.

Well done on the save btw, I pulled along side a friend a few weeks back in a carpark and he opened his door quite quickly which off balanced me and forgetting I hadn't put the side stand down I nearly went over with her but some how I held it.

I've bought a load of GoPro mounts so looking to get some action shots. Just need to decide where to stick them. There aren't many flat spots in good positions on the ZX6R.

I think the biker meet up and ride needs to be organised again or at least a few dates thrown out.

Soldato
Not long got back from test riding an MT-10 - awesome bike! :D

It's official, I need a litre bike :D Looking at the torque, the MT10 has 111nm (82ft lb) at 9000rpm and the Tuono has 107nm (78.8ft lb) at 8500rpm, which is good :D It's the instant torque from any gear, any revs, it made my CB400 feel like a 125!

I'll try to put together a quick video before I leave for my Euro trip. It's all about the engine, and it's a cracker! Nothing like a regular IL4.

Also - comfy, not much wind blast, will do 30mph in 6th gear, but you really only need 2nd and 3rd for all speeds :D

Man of Honour
Today I spent about 7.5 hours in the saddle and rode over 300 miles with roughly 80 other bikers all to visit a little boy with autism who loves bikes. So we gave him bikes! He also took a shine to my mirrored visor and didn't want to give my helmet back :D

lXTFMJnh.jpg

Soldato
Last push home today back from 8 days of riding and camping in Scotland. 222 miles back from our last camp site in the Lake District today. I want to be back in Scotland wild camping again :(

Also, screw the house deposit, I think I'll just keep saving, buy a GS with panniers, quit work & go round the world :)

Man of Honour
Haha the group hoodies come in black that's your only choice :D

I'm flopped on the sofa and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it to bed as I'm home alone and there's no one to carry me up 2 flights of stairs :o

Soldato
Well I'm all packed ready to leave tomorrow morning at 7:45am - Eurotunnel train is at 8:50am, I'll be in France by half past 9 :D

No picture as I was putting the bags on in nearly darkness, I tell you - I haven't packed that many clothes - 3x pairs of jeans (1 is a kevlar pair), some t-shirts, a hoody, pair of shoes and the normal underwear - it all ONLY just fits into a kreiga US20! :eek:

The other 20 has my roll mat, stove, some basic food, bog roll, etc. My waterproofs are bungee'd and cargo netted to the top of the kreiga bags, easy access :D And my tank bag is full of other stuff so no room for them in there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom