Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The way I see things now, it might not fix migration, but sovreignty and law making would be fully in our own hands, is to rejoin the EFTA and go down that route. We might need to pay a similar or slightly smaller amount than we already do into the eu, but we would be exempt from many areas of eu legislation. Companies trading would still need to comply with eu standards but it leaves the other 94% of uk business free from the same legislation.

One caveat is that freedom of movement might need to stay for a while, but joint with the other EFTA members, we could negotiate limit on migration as a block.

Some reading that talks on the subject. It would also mean gaining back our fishing waters as EFTA states are not subject to the common fisheries policy. Nor would we be subject to the current legislation covering local business.

http://www.eu-facts.org.uk/2016/04/...ould-be-better-for-the-uk-than-eu-membership/

So we negotiate a limit with Iceland Norway, Switzerland,and Liechtenstein?

The amount of migrants we get from those countries must be staggering

Giz

Man of Honour
OP
no they won't :confused:

they don't even have a platform... it is a scattered minority of skinheads, they have no voice - best they can do is try stunts like that banner and some leaflets to Polish people

they're not representing leave voters

You're right that they're representing themselves and not all leave voters, but the leave campaigners have allowed this to happen IMO.

Caporegime
J99p4_Xo.jpg

You know the racism is real when even the Daily Mail reports it without adding, 'We need more of this!'

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The SNP are stoking the uncertainty and decisiveness because it plays to their advantage - their aim is to get English people hating Scottish people and vice versa. Salmond's performance on Question Time yesterday was a disgrace. History will not judge them kindly.
It's not a conspiracy that SNP want Scotland out. It's just that for the first time, their reasons are 100% valid.

Associate
no they won't :confused:

they don't even have a platform... it is a scattered minority of skinheads, they have no voice - best they can do is try stunts like that banner and some leaflets to Polish people

they're not representing leave voters

I don't see any prominent leave figures condemning the racist and xenophobic attacks yet. If you think externally people won't relate the attacks to the leave campaign, you may be surprised because it's already happening.

Trust me, I'm the last one who wants to blow it up into something bigger than it is. I hope it is a scattered few people who will sit down once told to shut up. But we shouldn't be so easy to dismiss it as 'ah it's nothing just let it blow over.'

Soldato
So we negotiate a limit with Iceland Norway, Switzerland,and Liechtenstein?

The amount of migrants we get from those countries must be staggering

Giz

Not with those countries, those countries and us if we joined negotiating on free movement limitations with the EU. Since as a block we would be one of the biggest trading partners with the EU so would have more sway.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tory spin...I said many a time the best thing that happened to uk politics in a long while was the coalition.

me to, and I was dead against coalitions and it ended up being for the wrong reason. I thought government wouldn't be able to compromise and work together, but they did. what didn't work is the public couldn't handle it.

Soldato
me to, and I was dead against coalitions and it ended up being for the wrong reason. I thought government wouldn't be able to compromise and work together, but they did. what didn't work is the public couldn't handle it.

Yeah, lib dem voters in particular saw it as a betrayal. Shame really, I thought it was the best government we've had in a long time.

Soldato
People really need to get a grip and stop blaming, claiming and complaining. It's done, the decision has been made, it's time to move on and work together and see it through. What will destroy us is all the in-fighting, not the exit itself.

What happened to the British stiff upper lip? From here it looks like it's hanging on the floor waiting to be trodden on.

Not a chance, until article 50 is invoked all that's happened is a non binding referendum has been had. I'm not going move on until there is absolutely no other choice.

Soldato
You're right that they're representing themselves and not all leave voters, but the leave campaigners have allowed this to happen IMO.

How have we allowed it to happen? If we voted to stay in these racist retards would still be racist retards and it would only be a matter of time before they find another reason to act out on their stupid views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom