Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I'm only 50kg and I can manage it

Scottoilers are good,you can always wheel the bike forward and oil a section,rinse and repeat till you've lubed all the chain? I do that for speed

Must me a technique thing then - I'm still a noob :p

Yeah I do that as well, but looking g into other ways which it can be done too. Sometimes I forget, or just don't have time :(

Man of Honour
I bought a 2nd hand Scottoiler just after I got my SV never gotten round to fitting it though.

Takes all of 5 minutes to stick the bike up on the Abba stand and oil it.

Soldato
I'm a skinny git and I can get my bike on the paddock stand! In fact it takes me longer to get the stand out the shed than it does to put the bike on it, lube the chain and take it off the stand.

Today's report from the continent: it's awesome!! :D completely dry today, and the sun came out this afternoon. Some of the roads here are pure heaven... it you're a fan of constant radius, perfectly smooth corners that seem to last forever, you'll love it here!! I've been hanging off round most of them, giggling on the exit :D oh yeah, and they're deserted!! Some roads I've seen 2 cars in 10 or 20 miles, if this was the UK I'd get stuck behind a 40mph dawdler every few miles, it's better than wales here for quality of roads. Not many pics as the scenery isn't stunning, although it's pretty damn nice. I've been recording though so you lot will get a video at some point :D Cochem is a proper chocolate box pretty town, and it's cheap here, 2 nights camping for 23 euros.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
How was the ride there, did you do it in one go or did you stop somewhere in-between?

BTW I'm still waiting for that MT-10 video! :p

Edit:

Apart from that I did 2 accidental wheelies yesterday, the first was whilst coming out of corner I gunned it too quickly and the front went light (It was scary and so satisfying that I didn't crash :p). The 2nd time was on the motorway, after I pulled up on the hard shoulder (I wheelied the Duke before, so it wasn't that scary.) Oh and I nearly dropped the bike yesterday... my foot slipped on little stones, but I quickly catched the bike! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
How was the ride there, did you do it in one go or did you stop somewhere in-between?

BTW I'm still waiting for that MT-10 video! :p

Err, check in the YouTube thread ;)

I rode to Luxembourg yesterday, 280 miles from Calais. Then today another 150 today to Cochem. Tomorrow will be exploring, maybe some unrestricted autobahn action :D then Thursday is a 200 mile day including a stop at the nurburgring, and then 300 miles on Friday back home via Spa francorchamps.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Ehh... those group rides look so boring from everyones videos. I did see your right hand was itching to twist that throttle and see what the MT-10 can do! :p :D

I guess its better to just get a test ride from the dealer, so you can actually test the bike properly. :p

Soldato
Clearly you don't know what I look like :p A scrawny bugger!

Tom_e, are you looking to sell it at some point do you think?

You should just be able to sort of role it forward and let the bike just about put itself up.

Scottoilers are good, but messy even with the right flow rate (the oil constantly dripping has to go somewhere). Kept my chain on my Hornet fine, but no better than a decent chain lube like castrol racing.

There's also the tutoro oiler which looks good, you don't need the cable to your engine with those which is nice. I believe they can also take plain oil whereas a Scottoiler needs proper stuff (not sure if anyone has run a Scottoiler on normal oil though, might be too thick?).

Soldato
Ugh. Been so ill this week (slept for 20 hours yesterday! And probably the same on Monday) but first day back at work and wish I rode to work but I just feel too weak to trust myself on one today

Soldato
Anybody able to suggest somewhere I might track down some used Arrow slip on cans for a 2010 street triple? Not having any luck on ebay and have tried the triumph triple group on facebook as well.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I got the letter through from Police, I can do a course of my choice from the list. Cost £70 to £97.50, courses are 2 1/4 hours to 4 1/2 hours.

No penalty points... what a relief! :D

RVpphBR.gif

Soldato
Anybody able to suggest somewhere I might track down some used Arrow slip on cans for a 2010 street triple? Not having any luck on ebay and have tried the triumph triple group on facebook as well.

Send these guys an email asking how long it'll take them to back order some, for £350 for a brand new set is cheaper than people want second hand. In all the weeks I was looking, 2 came up, both were damaged and selling for £360 delivered.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/8909/street-triple/slip-on-silencers-arrow-pair

Caporegime
I got the letter through from Police, I can do a course of my choice from the list. Cost £70 to £97.50, courses are 2 1/4 hours to 4 1/2 hours.

No penalty points... what a relief! :D

You'll just sit with a crowd of people and watch a video spotting potential hazards while the host asks random folk questions

Still a waste of time and money

@the abyss you don't get any points,I did just the coarse unless they have changed it since then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom