What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Rear shock blown? It may well have peed all it's oil out before it ended up back with you so it might not be obvious.

I have considered this, my thought is that the guy who had this bike before me did motocross, he was jumping ridiculous jumps and the shock was perfectly fine, it was fine before it was stolen, it'd take some serious skill (or lack of) to blow a shock on a dirt bike.

Emailed a suspension guy, it most likely does need rebuilding annoyingly

Soldato
Yep - DID X-ring chain (VX525) and JT sprockets, that was the wemoto chain and sprockets deal. No point in going for a gold chain as it'll be covered in filth on my bike :D I have Sunstar currently on the bike as that was the bundled deal last time, there's not much difference. Again, it's not worth getting renthal/supersprox or anything nice on this bike.

Once I get a Tuono that'll get treated to a Supersprox rear and gold chain :)

£97 for chain and both sprockets, decent deal IMO.

Make sure you go 2 up on rear and 1 down at front

Man of Honour
Just bought a spare pair of forks so now I can strip and paint a set along with replacing all the seals and bits without any real down time.

Having a think about this while I build up to actually doing some proper work.

I'm going to need a seal driver type tool, my thoughts at the moment are rather than splashing out the best part of £50 is take the old seal and use my dremel to sand down the inner and outer diameter then get a length of PVC pipe slightly wider than the fork stanchion and a bit longer then place the old seal over the top of the new one then the waste pipe on top of that and gently hammer it down.

Sound vaguely workable?

Are any special tools needed for the bushes as I may do them while I've got it all in bits.

Soldato
I just done the seals on my sons new bike . 2 bits of 40mm pipe about 6" long . Split down the middle and place over the upper fork leg . Then put the other one over the top of the first one then clamp with 2 x 45mm exhaust brackets . worked a treat.. cost £5

Associate
Tested the limits of the reserve tank on my way to work this evening...and went beyond them.

1/4 mile push to the nearest petrol station and late for work :o

First time I've run out of fuel for nearly 20 years. Bikes definitely get heavier as you get older :p

Soldato
Tested the limits of the reserve tank on my way to work this evening...and went beyond them.

1/4 mile push to the nearest petrol station and late for work :o

First time I've run out of fuel for nearly 20 years. Bikes definitely get heavier as you get older :p

That happened to me with my SV in the first 2 weeks of having it :p

Associate
So added a gear indicator (no pic)

A full titanium micron system (which looks like it's falling off in the pic but it's fine :D )

spofBDSl.jpg

A power commander 5

pMnuODpl.jpg

A dynojet quickshifter, and changed the graves rearsets to GP shift

ghMaMmLl.jpg

And did a few other little bits and pieces :D

Associate
Are the PCV quickshifters any good? I want to get a PCV - once you have that installed, is the quickshift plug & play?

This one so far is awesome. I didn't install it though, friend of mine did it for me. Set it up to work above 2,500 rpm and it's lovely. I find myself shifting up all the time just to feel the smoothness :D

Associate
Fitted a tank protector and TechSpec grips today, just finished when it started to rain.

95c76843-d42d-4392-bb90-54970df2e5bc.jpg

9ad5b268-4a99-45f8-a36f-d74d6d34df3c.jpg

Soldato
Rode the CRF250R and a friend rode the newly built YZ125, apart from a couple bolts working loose on the YZ it ran great!

Ordered some hand guards for the CRF, few too many close calls with trees. Also ordered a new rear brake pedal as the current one is too close to the engine casing and too far for my foot to reach.

*edit*

I have an issue with right hand burms... so I practiced... didn't go so well as I went far too slow into it and didn't give it power when needed

I found it funny lol

Last edited:
Associate
Rode the CRF250R and a friend rode the newly built YZ125, apart from a couple bolts working loose on the YZ it ran great!

Ordered some hand guards for the CRF, few too many close calls with trees. Also ordered a new rear brake pedal as the current one is too close to the engine casing and too far for my foot to reach.

*edit*

I have an issue with right hand burms... so I practiced... didn't go so well as I went far too slow into it and didn't give it power when needed

I found it funny lol
Done that quite a few times in deep ruts. :p

Back
Top Bottom