• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
Gibbo, can you give us a rough breakdown of total sales at the end of the day? im interested to know how many 8GB and 4GB versions were sold, not to bothered about which manufacturer sold xx amount, just total amounts of 4GB and 8GB :)

Associate
Given the £ has risen back up to 1.35 today, it is rather curious.

Has nothing to do with £ exchange rates... the 8gb versions didnt change in price just the 4gb.

Actually the MSI 8gb is lower than the advertised price.. wtf is this site doing, dynamic pricing? changing it as they want lol.

Associate
I guess it has something to do with the fact that it's cheaper and might be able to be flashed to 8gb (though unlikely I think)

Associate
Associate
It has less performance per dollar than the 1070 and 1080.

No it doesn't, unless you have somewhere to get 1080s for 450GBP.

1080 is twice as fast. 1070 is about 70% faster, though.

Two of these will outperform a 1080 by a tiny margin, at 440GBP it's the obvious choice for the price-conscious. At least that's what I am seeing in the benchmarks released today. And it's more like 60% faster.

The only argument I see evident now is that a 980 ti which costs around the same is the better option because it's s single gpu for similar results. Still better performance from the 480CF.

Soldato
No. Person is singling out the one report either on purpose to make the card look worse than it is or because that's the only review they happened to read.

Tom Logan shows the software, explains the issue rather well particularly how the powerdraw ramps up like crazy with overclocking and that the cooling/heatsink is really holding back the card.

Clearly and as to be expected the Nvidia lovers (here not Tom) will post and highlight anything that shows the card to be in a bad light. Likewise its not right to just ignore issues or limitations of the reference card.

It is just a shame that really their isnt more people here using common sense and just want to fairly determine the situation.

Back
Top Bottom