** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Well the weird thing is, the prices for 1080 are going up, you say because of dollar/pound, but prices of 1070 are pretty much the same as when they launched.
There's something else going on ...:rolleyes:

Yeah i don't know if it's demand or the eu situation or both. i ordered a asus 1080 stix i first saw it at £619.99 then by the time i ordered it was £659.99 2 or 3 price increases it's now at £695.99 crazy. does anyone know if i will get it at the price i ordered it at (659.99) or if when it ships i will get charged an extra £36?

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah i don't know if it's demand or the eu situation or both. i ordered a asus 1080 stix i first saw it at £619.99 then by the time i ordered it was £659.99 2 or 3 price increases it's now at £695.99 crazy. does anyone know if i will get it at the price i ordered it at (659.99) or if when it ships i will get charged an extra £36?

You pay the price you ordered at.

Associate
Nearly all 1070 cards are in stock including Zotac Extreme Edition and KFA2 Blower at £389.99 :)
Thats exactly it. So how come 1070 can keep low prices and we see not price increase due to pound/dollar and 1080 cant ? isnt it the backorders fault ?

Soldato
Thats exactly it. So how come 1070 can keep low prices and we see not price increase due to pound/dollar and 1080 cant ? isnt it the backorders fault ?

They've all gone up, the blower was £364.99, the twin fan one was 368.99 etc. It's only really the Fe cards that have stayed mostly the same.

Associate
Also any news on the asus strix 1080's are they delayed or are they shipping on time? thanks.

Any updates on this ?

just spoke with OCUK the strix have not come in yet but there hoping for delivery mon/tues :(

would be nice if they updated the customers with the delays instead of us having to call them each time there is a delay

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP

They have all gone up massively! :(

1070 AMP was £389, Extreme was £409, they are now £420 and £450, so £30-£40 increase on 1070's across the board.

Of course 1080's go up more, as they cost more.

Associate
They have all gone up massively! :(

1070 AMP was £389, Extreme was £409, they are now £420 and £450, so £30-£40 increase on 1070's across the board.

Of course 1080's go up more, as they cost more.

That's a shame, was hoping to order a pair of 1080 strix cards soon but with the £70 increase since they originally went live on the site is making we want to hold off. Kind of regretting not putting an order in when they first went live now :(

OcUK Staff
OP
That's a shame, was hoping to order a pair of 1080 strix cards soon but with the £70 increase since they originally went live on the site is making we want to hold off. Kind of regretting not putting an order in when they first went live now :(

Well if predictions that market analyst are making things are only going to get more expensive, if rate drops to 1.20 then cards will see another £70 or so increase.

Its a complete disaster, because if we had voted to stay in, prices would have actually got better, not worse, this would resulted in even more sales and a stronger economy in the short term.

Lets hope UK gets back on its feet sooner rather than later.

Soldato
Well if predictions that market analyst are making things are only going to get more expensive, if rate drops to 1.20 then cards will see another £70 or so increase.

Its a complete disaster, because if we had voted to stay in, prices would have actually got better, not worse, this would resulted in even more sales and a stronger economy in the short term.

Lets hope UK gets back on its feet sooner rather than later.

This will be bad for OCUK. Not many will buy at those prices.

OcUK Staff
OP
This will be bad for OCUK. Not many will buy at those prices.

No its bad for everyone, but business will continue if it happens, we would rather sell less and make money rather than sell more and make no money or a loss.

This effects everyone and every reseller in the UK, not just OcUK, at least OcUK is still considerably cheaper than many because we have sacrificed margin on some lines to keep price advantage but it can only last so long until all prices are increased to reflect new landed cost.

Soldato
No its bad for everyone, but business will continue if it happens, we would rather sell less and make money rather than sell more and make no money or a loss.

This effects everyone and every reseller in the UK, not just OcUK, at least OcUK is still considerably cheaper than many because we have sacrificed margin on some lines to keep price advantage but it can only last so long until all prices are increased to reflect new landed cost.

It will hurt every business. I was going to upgrade late summer, but I think I'll wait until prices come down. If they don't I might just stay with my PS4 or Xbox One until prices are better. My GTX 1080 should last me a while. When ever I get it

OcUK Staff
OP
It will hurt every business. I was going to upgrade late summer, but I think I'll wait until prices come down. If they don't I might just stay with my PS4 or Xbox One until prices are better. My GTX 1080 should last me a while. When ever I get it

Whatever happens is just that it happens, OcUK will survive and keep growing. :)

Associate

As much as i hate how all this sound this is really a helpless situation both for the consumer and the retailer. thanks for keeping price competitive though. If the rates increases back to pre referendum rates would you guys adjust the price back?

OcUK Staff
OP
As much as i hate how all this sound this is really a helpless situation both for the consumer and the retailer. thanks for keeping price competitive though. If the rates increases back to pre referendum rates would you guys adjust the price back?

Yes if rates return to 1.45 area and are stable as in there for a few days stable and not up and down like a pair of hookers draws we would reduce prices. :)

Associate
Yes if rates return to 1.45 area and are stable as in there for a few days stable and not up and down like a pair of hookers draws we would reduce prices. :)

HAHAHA the description cheered me up. cheers. ill hang tight for awhile longer i guess. im sure we will pull through this mess somehow

Back
Top Bottom