BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Man of Honour
In an interview with the Sunday Times in 2005, Evans admitted his penchant for exposing himself at work.

Sounds like a spoilt child getting away with it because he simply can.

I would post the gif of him posted on reddit today where he picks his ear and makes a face like he's on day 1 of sex education in primary school. But I'm sure many have just had their dinner (or tea).

Associate
Best news I've heard all day, the man is an utter *****

And the idea of a petition is absolutely laughable, I doubt there's a single person on this earth that doesn't find him beyond irritating

Goodbye and Good riddance

Associate
My void for car shows has been mostly replaced by Motor Trend channel on YT, they do cool car reviews as well as more technical stuff like building an engine or head to head challenges. Good production, likeable presenters, good variety of cars, interesting locations and plenty of subject matters, much more than Top Gear.

This one came out today

Caporegime
Thank you, great video and have also subscribed, I suspect I know where my evening is going tonight!

No problem, perhaps I should start a thread and bring this channel more attention as I really do think it is great !

nice video, awesome car, and subbed.

oh and look jokes not based on old top gear and I doubt they have the budget for script writers like the bbc.

MT's budget isn't as big as Top Gear, I mean who is? but it is still head and shoulders ahead of almost all online car review shows out there. For a free channel on YouTube, the content is great, production is really good, they even have their own racing driver and a test track that they do all the lap times in!

I actually look forward to every new episode or segment that they release, which usually once 2 or 3 days.

Man of Honour
For a free channel on YouTube, the content is great, production is really good, they even have their own racing driver and a test track that they do all the lap times in!

You realise what MT is, right? It's one of the most popular and longest running car magazines in the US and Canada and has been going since the 1940's. It's not some two-bit YouTube channel that started up and ended up with a test track and a racing driver, it's a well established long running brand much older than Top Gear itself.

The reason why they come across as professional is because they very much *are* professionals!

Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised if the beeb sell the show to channel 4 or 5, like they sold F1. They need money badly and with poor ratings, it might be better for them to cut their losses. Or at least, one more try without Chris Evans to see how it goes.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29738500 said:
You realise what MT is, right? It's one of the most popular and longest running car magazines in the US and Canada and has been going since the 1940's. It's not some two-bit YouTube channel that started up and ended up with a test track and a racing driver, it's a well established long running brand much older than Top Gear itself.

The reason why they come across as professional is because they very much *are* professionals!

Yes I know they ARE professionals, I don't imagine they work in Walmart between Monday to Fridays.

My point was that it is available FREE, on YT, it is something that I can watch anytime and it has regular content and enough quality content to replace Top Gear. It's all fair to say it is older than Top Gear but MT isn't exactly on our TV on Sunday night like Top Gear is.

Man of Honour
Really the only people who carry the new show are MLB and Harris. Sabine is a bit of a forced character in the studio, Eddie is a bit of a blank wall.. It should really be like this, put Matt with a suitable sidekick host, and let Harris do all the cool video segments in his style. That would be almost perfect.

On another note, if we are talking about binning all the hosts and re-re-starting fresh, then this chat came up elsewhere today and I think it would be fantastic. Hugh Laurie, Rowan Atkinson and Stephen Fry. They are all petrol/gadget heads and they are all friends who have that banter going between them. Plus, everybody loves them.

Back
Top Bottom