• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Man the stress levels are close to exploding, I want to hunt down Asus and kill them, though they are trying.

Over 200 gigabyte cards lost by courier, EVGA shipment not incoming until later this week and thats just some of the SKU's.

On top of all that I've got about 50 new Corsair SKU's to setup and I am away for meetings next couple of days.

I hope to god this isn't another disappointing week for EVGA Gibbo? Need my FTW

Associate
I think we saw enough reviews to realize they'll all end up around 2050-2100, so I'd say it doesn't matter. :D

I've seen a lad post elsewhere that he's struggling to get his evga SC to 2000mhz. So clearly while it's possible for every card, the ones with the lowest base clock have to furthest to travel when OC'ing them in order to get to the highest clocks people are reporting. It's why I ordered an xtreme, high clock to start with so less work to get an insane clock. Plus the Palit cards are ugly as hell.

Associate
I've seen a lad post elsewhere that he's struggling to get his evga SC to 2000mhz. So clearly while it's possible for every card, the ones with the lowest base clock have to furthest to travel when OC'ing them in order to get to the highest clocks people are reporting. It's why I ordered an xtreme, high clock to start with so less work to get an insane clock. Plus the Palit cards are ugly as hell.

I'd say the silicon lottery is having the biggest impact this generation, not the pre-set clocks. Hence why some retailers are having to release non-oc versions as they can't stabilise them. I've seen FE get to 2100 and Msi Twin Frozr only 1950. The pre-set clocks don't guarantee a big boost. For the boost to stay consistent you need water or an excellent cooler, but that's based on American benches, hopefully UK temps will make the cards throttling less of an issue.

Associate
Why has this gone up £10 if OC already have the stock in then they didn't need to buy at lower $ rate? confused

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-03b-pl.html

I may be wrong but normally companies won't pay for the cards up front and will only settle the bill 2 or 3 months after the cards arrive. Therefore they have to pay for them based on the new exchange rate rather than the rate on the day the cards were delivered.

Associate
Hi guys

Just to make this clear EVGA have not even issued the details of the Classified and Hybrid cards yet. No clocks have been set no final specs issued and no pricing given out. Overclockers is the only site you will see this card as they set it up of their own accord.

Once the stock is 2 weeks from market usually I will give the green light for customers to set the card up for pre-order.

For example yesterday I had final word on GTX1070 FTW so yesterday sites set this up for pre-order across Europe, then stock will ship next week for arrival 15th July.

Once I have a 2 week notice window we will send the final specs and pricing and then I will be able to give you notice of ETA of the stock.

As previous generations Classified and Hybrid is usually 8 weeks after launch, thus if I were a betting man I would expect stocks before the end of the month but as soon as we have news we will post. The next step is you will see the clock speeds finalised.

Thanks
Ben

Yet instead it's took 6 weeks just for the FTW card to get into customers hands. I'm asking nicely please don't give false hope on the classy and hybrid for the end of the month if you were a betting man as we all know end of the month is very unlikely and August or September is more like it for worst case. Still of course I'd like to be proven wrong :p :)

Soldato
I gave up on the FTW. It seems like i'd have to wait until august ><. I went for the 1070 AMP Extreme instead.

It really is getting ridiculous now.

All I can say is that next time a card comes out I will just keep my old card for 1-3 months and wait until the new cards are fully available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom