• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
If ocuk had any sense, especially since they take payment on preorder, they should have shifted that money into dollars so it won't matter when they come to pay in 30 days time.

Then they take unnecessary risk for when people cancel pre-orders and they have to convert back. They make money selling hardware not playing the currency market.

Associate
Well fingers crossed OCUK get the FTW either today or tomorrow. Fair play to Gibbo to be honest. That guy must have no hair left lol
Same here, CK opens in 10min, in a perfect world they would probably be able to ship the card by late afternoon if the FTWs are ready for booking in :D
But I won't hold my breath... just hope it gets here by Saturday finally :o

Associate
Is there any way of knowing if your order is going to be part of the 50 FTW's that are on their way?

I had promised I'd have a new GPU in the family PC for a while, even saying "I'm gonna put in the new card and update to windows 10 in one go", I'm hoping I can keep to my promise (before the windows 10 deadline)

Soldato
Is there any way of knowing if your order is going to be part of the 50 FTW's that are on their way?

I had promised I'd have a new GPU in the family PC for a while, even saying "I'm gonna put in the new card and update to windows 10 in one go", I'm hoping I can keep to my promise (before the windows 10 deadline)

What number in the queue are you?

Associate
So after a long while, I finally got my hands on the new Gamerock GTX 1080 yesterday. It's not as ugly as I thought and it matches my color scheme quite well. :D

Thanks for all the support! A small haribo bonus is truly appreciated. Hope you get your boards quickly guys! It's been way too long.

Associate
whats the best aftermarket gpu you guys would recommend if you are not going to manually overclock? evga sc?

I'd go for the one with the highest pre-set clocks if you don't plan to manually oc, although it seems the new GPU boost 3.0 software can go beyond the preset clocks once enabled. Honestly, buy the one you like the look of the most as the performance will be similar with all the cards and the difference will be down to the luck of the silicon draw. Some quick tests on my FE last night showed it boosting to 2050 out of the box without manually changing anything and it wasn't getting hot enough to throttle like I'd seen from American reviews. That's a higher boost than I've seen for some aftermarket cards.

For my money the best seem to be: EVGA FTW, MSI Gaming X, Gigabyte G1, and Inno3d X3.

Soldato
Anyone with a 1080 Gigabyte G1 Gaming how you getting on with it?
I game at 1440p G-Sync and have SLI GTX770's I am hoping for a good improvement, will this happen?

Considering a single 980 is about as fast as 770 SLI in games then yes a single 1080 should be a nice improvement.

Gregster (Gregster reviews) has a review on his YouTube channel with the G1 gaming. Selection of games on there for you to compare performance against your current 770 SLI.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh wow, i see the MSI Seahawk has gone up to £899, crazy. I managed to snag an EVGA FE, EK block and full custom loop setup for £60 cheaper than that, and i guess have option for good resale with the FE shroud to boot. I can see OCuk taking a stinging with the GBP/USD since preorders, top updates form the guys though. I'm not even expecting a card now but i enjoy checking this post for peoples benchmarks and reviews.

Caporegime
Then they take unnecessary risk for when people cancel pre-orders and they have to convert back. They make money selling hardware not playing the currency market.

I wouldn't call the unnecessary. Especially on a daily basis the exchange rate falling.

Plus cancelled orders irrelevant. You don't convert the dollars back to refund the cancelled pre order, the card will be bought by somebody else anyway for more pounds than the first guy and you had already exchanged enough money from the first order to cover the invoice when it lands.

It would only be an issue if there was enough pre-orders cancelled and the items then stayed in stock past the date payment is due.

Associate
Just received my Xtreme PP. Just a heads up that Gigabyte have not solved the centre fan catching (On mine anyway)

I'm not going to return it. I will adjust it myself as I cannot play the waiting game any longer. The Parcel was very well packed by OcUK but the Gigabyte box inside was very slightly damaged.

Associate
Just received my Xtreme PP. Just a heads up that Gigabyte have not solved the centre fan catching (On mine anyway)

I'm not going to return it. I will adjust it myself as I cannot play the waiting game any longer. The Parcel was very well packed by OcUK but the Gigabyte box inside was very slightly damaged.

sorry to hear that . hope mine is ok as i am still waiting for delivery today. yes seem that US owners push or pull the frame a bit just to give a bit more space between the frame and the fan .:( wonder why its still keep happening with this QC .

Caporegime

I wouldn't accept that at all to be fair, though i realise more waiting would be an annoyance. :(

Back
Top Bottom