Wimbledon 2016

Associate
yes but things never turn out as easy as they seem on paper, and Fed can still turn it on.#

Murray is definitely favourite, but it wont be a formality by any stretch.

Associate
Yep Murry is deffo favorite but he always takes the hard route.

I think it depends on how Federer is playing as hes the only one who's got the game to trouble him. Federer is getting better and better each match.

Associate
Its going to be a interesting day tomorrow. Also can't believe Raonic is still in it.
My dark horse prediction just before Wimbledon started. Eventually he's going to win a grand slam and this could be it. Grass is just about the toughest surface to return that serve on.

Soldato
OP
It'll be interesting to see how Federer plays against some proper opposition. Knowing my luck he will breeze through to the final but it's certainly a lot tougher than the matches Murray has to play. I'd be amazed if Murray doesn't make it.

Soldato
OP
WTF Cilic? Goes a set and a break up and then starts the next service game with 2 double faults. :D

edit: but he hangs on... :cool:

And I wish Tim Henman would **** off. He's giving it the big I AM in the commentary box when he's sat there with multiple grand slam champion, Jim Courier. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cilic on fire at the moment.

edit: I said that when he was love-40 up but he lost the game. :o

edit2: And a double fault on break point costs Cilic the set. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Mentioned on the live text feed on BBC Sport that a Fed defeat here would be the first time we had no Fed, Rafa, or Djok in the semis at Wimbledon since 2002

Inspired by that, I checked when the last time none of those three were in the semis of any of the Grand Slams - it was the 2004 French. 12 years ago!

Soldato
OP
So tie break it is and Federer has set point on his serve....and blows it. :eek:

And another set point on his own serve... and blows it again. :D

Ah, it seems it's easier to win on the opponents serve. 2-2 it is. :p

Murray must be loving this. I don't think Federer in this form will trouble him (assuming they win).

Last edited:
Associate
Mentioned on the live text feed on BBC Sport that a Fed defeat here would be the first time we had no Fed, Rafa, or Djok in the semis at Wimbledon since 2002

Inspired by that, I checked when the last time none of those three were in the semis of any of the Grand Slams - it was the 2004 French. 12 years ago!

I can't remember the exact number, but between the three of them the've won over 40 of the last 50 slams.

"FML" - Andy Murray.

Caporegime
Holy crap that was a great point. Can't believe he got to it.

EDIT:- the one to go 10-11, watching on bbc player so probably a bit behind live tv.

EDIT2:- and set. great tie break.

Back
Top Bottom