Need broadband but want to avoid contract

Associate
Hi all,

It seems as though I have fibre and DSL available. I need a phone line installed at my property.

I was thinking about some type of 3G internet router or something without a contract as I don't really want a monthly commitment. Things are tight.

What's your opinions on that? I do use it quite a bit so I'm not sure if it's the one.

Anyone got any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks so much

Man of Honour
No substitute for proper broadband if you use something quite a bit.

Use Quidco/TCB and combine it with Talk Talk or BT etc and you can get some very competitive deals.

Associate
I moved into my house on 4th May, went through top cashback and got BT broadband was the best price and best deal regardless of cash back. My £120 cashback is now ready to cash out :)

Soldato
Other than 4G you will struggle to find anything with less than a 12 month term. Having said that though PAYG 4G will cost you a lot more than a contracted DSL service.

Unfortunately there isn't much room to move with these things.

Associate
OP
I went with TalkTalk via TCB. Thanks all. I hope they prove painless. I've heard bad things about Talktalk but needs must. Plus They're offering almost 50% back of the year cost.

@ 17.70 a month for 12 months = £212.40 plus £94.50 cashback = £117.90 for a year of internet. Not bad really.

Man of Honour
I went with TalkTalk via TCB. Thanks all. I hope they prove painless. I've heard bad things about Talktalk but needs must. Plus They're offering almost 50% back of the year cost.

@ 17.70 a month for 12 months = £212.40 plus £94.50 cashback = £117.90 for a year of internet. Not bad really.

They are a lot, lot better than they used to be. I think you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom