• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
The pallit is equal in every aspect except price. Its over £100 cheaper so why should I get the gaming X in your opinion? Not being funny there just genuinely curious :)

Like the other guy said yes it might be a waste of money, but it's one you want. You only live once. If you have the extra to spend I would get Gaming X , Asus Strix OC or EVGA FTW, but without pre-order the last two are out of the question.

Permabanned
Like the other guy said yes it might be a waste of money, but it's one you want. You only live once. If you have the extra to spend I would get Gaming X , Asus Strix OC or EVGA FTW, but without pre-order the last two are out of the question.

It was the one I wanted because the gaming editions have always been the quietest Ive owned.

Now Ive found out the Pallit is just as quiet and just as fast its not just about what I want. I bought a TX 3 days before the 980ti launch so spending money that could be saved dosnt really bother me but here I just think its a waste as its offering me nothing at all for over £100 extra

Associate
All I can say is the following. I was a long time user of Asus products and I wouldn't buy them now. I've always had problems with MSI, and found their cooling solutions lacking. EVGA have always been top notch, and the 980ti I owned was a Palit Jetstream and I didn't have any problems with it. Seeing that most 1080s boost/oc to the same levels, and in reality you're only seeing single digit gains, why waste the extra money?

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Was 51 in queue for FTW 6 days ago (first batch is 50)... So I thought "damn 51 that is unlucky but there is hope someone will cancel over next week" asked again today... I am now 55 in queue... greattttt, please EVGA do not have any delays with the 2nd batch and get it here next week... this is really getting to be annoying.

When did you order mate?

Permabanned
All I can say is the following. I was a long time user of Asus products and I wouldn't buy them now. I've always had problems with MSI, and found their cooling solutions lacking. EVGA have always been top notch, and the 980ti I owned was a Palit Jetstream and I didn't have any problems with it. Seeing that most 1080s boost/oc to the same levels, and in reality you're only seeing single digit gains, why waste the extra money?

Dont get me wrong mate, I pretty much favour Gigabyte or MSI as the cooling and noise on the MSI cards are top notch but in this instance Im going to try Pallit

Caporegime
Aw man, Got the chance to pick up the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING ACX 3.0 for 589! What do I do? Pallit still seems cooler and quieter which might just have me sold

Evga is just reference. No custom board. But uk rma and 3 years warranty. It's the perfect card if you plan to water cool.

Pallet is the best air cooler and quieter, pre overclocked, custom board, dual bios but none uk rma and only 2 years warranty.

Caporegime
It's a good card, nice and quiet. Only got about a 100mhz o/c on the core but got 1400mhz on the memory although not entirely sure that is helping with benchmark scores. Finding though that my Sandybridge set-up finally might need to be replaced as I'm definitely not maxing my card out, at least with minimum and average frame rates.

Got to be careful overclocking the memory. It's not just a case on not crashing. When you get near the max there is loads of error correction going on and even if both stable then 1400 memory might be a lot slower than 1300 memory.

You just need to benchmark to see what you max speed memory is, not your max stable memory.

Plus higher memory over locks pulls power away from the Gpu so you reduce your maximum GPu overclock.

Associate
Got to be careful overclocking the memory. It's not just a case on not crashing. When you get near the max there is loads of error correction going on and even if both stable then 1400 memory might be a lot slower than 1300 memory.

You just need to benchmark to see what you max speed memory is, not your max stable memory.

Plus higher memory over locks pulls power away from the Gpu so you reduce your maximum GPu overclock.
Aye, you're right. I haven't finished my benching yet and there's a good chance the memory may come down by quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom