*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
For those playing out of interest for heroes you have played 10+ games with what are your most sucessful from a win % point of view?

When I was new mine used to be;
Sniper
Drow
Lycan

First time I checked it in an age today and I'm sitting at;
Earthshaker 71.4%
Morphling 71.4%
Gyro 70%
Abad, Shadow Shaman & Lina 66.7%

Not actually what I expected, didn't realise how effective I was with some of these heroes.

Associate
In terms of high percentage:

Sven (18 games) - 72%
Spectre (10 games) - 70%

In terms of consistent awesomeness:

Undying (58 games) - 69%

Soldato
Probably need more than 10 games to know if you are decent on the hero but mine are:

Treant Protector (12 games) 75%
Sniper (47 games) 70.21%
Medusa (13 games) 69.23%

Honorable mentions:

Luna (60 games) 65%
Bloodseeker (228 games) 61.84%
Crystal Maiden (100 games) 61%

Last edited:
Associate
I was tempted to try this game recently, it seemed like just the sort of game that I was looking for. But among the first things that I read about it are how God-awful toxic the community is and how much smurfing goes on. So, not exactly new player friendly then? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Soldato
To be fair it doesn't seem to be any worse than similar games (most MOBAs) or any other game that requires teamwork.

But yeah, if you're the sensitive type that cares what strangers think, you should probably avoid this.

Smurfing can be an issue more than in some games as it's free. However if you're bad enough at the game (like me) it doesn't matter as most smurfs start off better than me so I don't see many...

Associate
Accusations of special *********? No, I'm not that delicate. But I don't seek the company of sociopaths in an effort to prove how uncaring I am, either. I'm forced into it in daily life, I play games to escape it.

Soldato
Accusations of special *********? No, I'm not that delicate. But I don't seek the company of sociopaths in an effort to prove how uncaring I am, either. I'm forced into it in daily life, I play games to escape it.

No ones accusing you of anything haha. If you are that precious and ready to bite though I really suggest you don't bother as you won't enjoy it. :p

The community is a pretty nasty place, if you are happy to just ignore it and shrug it off it is a great game with a ***** of a learning curve but great fun when it all comes together.

Associate
:) I was just curious if the dota2 community was as nasty as it's made out to be, people tend to exaggerate things. I'll probably try it out regardless, it looks like fun the the videos I've seen.

Soldato
:) I was just curious if the dota2 community was as nasty as it's made out to be

I imagine it'll be awful with a fresh account but after a while you'll just encounter the odd moron. There's a concept of being put into a low priority queue after being reported enough times which seems to help keep a lid on things.

Community aside, it's a brilliant game.

Soldato
Community aside, it's a brilliant game.

This.

Use the ignore button as well when you do get the morons. However, don't instantly take anyone questioning you as being a PITA. Some of my best in game lessons came from players who were genuinely happy to help (though they are few and far between :p)

Oh and watch "welcome to dota you suck" video from purge I believe, go into the game with the mindset that you are rubbish and have a lot to learn and you will learn faster.

Soldato
the problem i have atm is those who refuse to recognise dota is a team game.

those guys who say nothing the entire draft then really screw it up with a last pick Sniper when you need a support.

25 mins in and courier hasn't been upgraded. Really annoys me as i would have played that role if i knew but people just play as if the rest of the team doesn't exist.

Angry i get at this game/the community

Back
Top Bottom