How many days off work do you get a year?

Soldato
38 including Bank holidays, although the reality is much more, get the odd day off here and there, multiple long weekends per year granted without eating into allocation, all depends on what we have on.

Soldato
Here's one for you, would you take more holidays but have them fixed or stick with having X bookable days?

I get 17 days every 10 weeks with the first 2 of those being on call... Caveat being that they're fixed :/

Soldato
Here's one for you, would you take more holidays but have them fixed or stick with having X bookable days?

I get 17 days every 10 weeks with the first 2 of those being on call... Caveat being that they're fixed :/

More holiday than I currently get! Hell yeah (can you choose when within the 10 weeks? Or 10 weeks on and 17days off after?
Do you work weekends also?

Soldato
30 Days leave Plus 8 Bank Holidays. I don't actually get the ban holidays on the days they land, I get them in lieu to use when I want. So 38 days total. Coupled with my 6 on 4 off shift pattern it works out as 6 fortnights every year with a couple of days spare.

Soldato
The pattern is 2 days-2 nights-4 off 12 hr shifts, working Christmas, bank holidays weekends etc as the rota falls but yes every 10 weeks you get 17 days off. No flexibility.

The alternative engineering patern is Monday to Friday with with a shift every other weekend 8 hr shifts and a fraction of that time... About 5 weeks I think.

Soldato
Again, run my own business. I don't quota myself a certain amount of days per year, I take time off as and when the business allows.

Sometimes I will work 7 days a week straight for a number of months, and then when it's my quiet season and I can get away with working from my laptop I will take 4 or 5 weeks off in a stretch. For example earlier this year I took the family to Orlando for a month. I am always contactable though.

Back
Top Bottom