BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I've kept the runflats, mainly because I have tyres covered under the lease (and they insisted on replacing them with runflats again).

Otherwise I'd have probably ditched them, mainly for road noise rather than how firm they are.

Soldato
Hi all,

After some advice regarding options if possible please?

The Mrs is dead set on the 330e M Sport for her next company car, they are pretty well specced as they are, however I am advising her to add a few bits but just want opinions from you guys if I am missing anything:

Adaptive LED Headlights - Worth it?
Comfort access system
Drvr + Pass Elec Lmbr Suprt
Heated Fron Seats
High Beam Assist
Interior comfort pack - is this worth it?
Media Pack Proffesional (comes with Business as Standard)
Surround Camera System

Any thoughts would be appreciated if anything else should be added / removed?

Thanks

Anyone? She wants to order tomorrow

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29752396 said:
Have fun with your first puncture. That'll be £200 instead of £15.

Sounds like you might have already had one given you've replaced an odd number of tyres rather than an even number :eek:

Blowout, almost blowout, and bulge were the reasons for changing tyres.

In all fairness, the tyres were insured too, so it's all good. Easily had my moneys worth out of the policy, and then some.

However, even after that, would I have replaced them with RFT had I been paying for them myself? Debateable. I do very much like these RFT's on the 5 series. Crazy low wear rate, and man enough for my driving style. I obviously still have one original tyre left, after 43k, and it still has over 4mm left on it. At that sort of wear rate, I'm impressed. But then again, my vredstein sessantas were incredible in that respect too, and significantly less monies.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29752846 said:
That surely doesn't cause a blowout unless you don't bother to do anything about it until it's through to the cords?!

Until it blows out apparently. I didn't see it because it was right tucked away on the inside of the rear tyres. They were fine 6 months earlier when they went back on the car after the winter. Then one blew, and the other was through to the cords. I explained all this when it happened in all fairness. Even posted a pic or two.

It's not like I don't check my tyres often, but I'm rarely right under the car, at the back, checking the inside corner.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, really close to getting a 535d msport to replace my mazda 6 175 sport auto. There are two I am negotiating on, both 12 months old low mileage but I can't get BMW close to an apr I will agree to. I get a car allowance so pcp is a must. Got my mazda at 5.9 last year on a pre reg but BMW will only go to 7.9.

Have I picked the wrong time of year to negotiate? I could imagine them being tougher on a 530 but assumed the 535 would have been harder to shift.

Man of Honour
The rate on used cars is awful. You are better paying cash for them.

How much are these cars? 12 month old 5 Series tend to be shocking value for money because of the discounts on the new ones. You'll get much better APR on a new one too..

For some reason the sub 2 year old market lives in some sort of weird reality bubble where new cars are worth list price. You can get a new 530d M Sport Auto with Pro Nav for under £35k IIRC.

Soldato
Until it blows out apparently. I didn't see it because it was right tucked away on the inside of the rear tyres. They were fine 6 months earlier when they went back on the car after the winter. Then one blew, and the other was through to the cords. I explained all this when it happened in all fairness. Even posted a pic or two.

It's not like I don't check my tyres often, but I'm rarely right under the car, at the back, checking the inside corner.

So you're saying that you don't check your tyres until they blow out then. IF you aren't checking the whole width and especially the inner shoulder then you may as well not bother even glancing over them at all.

Associate
I've ordered the BMW Performance Exhaust from the German parts supplier Leebmann24. Should be with me on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting it installed, though I know it will need to be welded on rather than clamped (pre 06/06 build date means the mid pipes cannot be clamped to the performance backbox) which I'm a little annoyed about.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Right, really close to getting a 535d msport to replace my mazda 6 175 sport auto. There are two I am negotiating on, both 12 months old low mileage but I can't get BMW close to an apr I will agree to. I get a car allowance so pcp is a must. Got my mazda at 5.9 last year on a pre reg but BMW will only go to 7.9.

Have I picked the wrong time of year to negotiate? I could imagine them being tougher on a 530 but assumed the 535 would have been harder to shift.
Couldn't you get a bank loan for a lot less than 6%?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
True. Hadn't thought about the monthly repayments on a loan for a 12-month-old 535d :p

It would work if he's willing to put some of his own money in there though, which he's get back when he sells. If he has the cash it's be a darn sight cheaper!

Associate
Hi all,

After some advice regarding options if possible please?

The Mrs is dead set on the 330e M Sport for her next company car, they are pretty well specced as they are, however I am advising her to add a few bits but just want opinions from you guys if I am missing anything:

Adaptive LED Headlights - Worth it?
Comfort access system
Drvr + Pass Elec Lmbr Suprt
Heated Fron Seats
High Beam Assist
Interior comfort pack - is this worth it?
Media Pack Proffesional (comes with Business as Standard)
Surround Camera System

Any thoughts would be appreciated if anything else should be added / removed?

Thanks

Adaptive LEDs are nice, I have them but I'm not sure I'd spec them from new.

Professional Media is essential. Well, highly desirable. I wouldn't like to sell 330e without it tbh.

Heated seats and steering wheel are excellent on a cold Winter morning.

Add HUD and MSports Plus Pack. Those 330e are quick, it'll need the breaks off the MSPP.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Adaptive LEDs are nice, I have them but I'm not sure I'd spec them from new.

Don't forget that the base M Sport now has LED lights as standard - not adaptive, but not quite the dire halogen's you used to get.

Professional Media is essential. Well, highly desirable. I wouldn't like to sell 330e without it tbh.

Agree.

Add HUD and MSports Plus Pack. Those 330e are quick, it'll need the breaks off the MSPP.

It doesn't need the brakes at all, it isn't a rocket ship or a supercar (Or even that fast compared with many other cars in the range for which the uprated brakes are not available). Whilst obviously the M Sport braking system is better it's fairly obvious it's main reason for existence is for styling purposes.

The M Sport Plus pack is a good value option, but don't go thinking you NEED the M Sport braking system because you don't. Last F30 I hired was faster than a 330e, had no M Sport braking system, and was absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom