BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Right, really close to getting a 535d msport to replace my mazda 6 175 sport auto. There are two I am negotiating on, both 12 months old low mileage but I can't get BMW close to an apr I will agree to. I get a car allowance so pcp is a must. Got my mazda at 5.9 last year on a pre reg but BMW will only go to 7.9.

Have I picked the wrong time of year to negotiate? I could imagine them being tougher on a 530 but assumed the 535 would have been harder to shift.

I was getting a Pre reg 535d but changed to a new one with 4.9% Apr and haggled a discount to get close to the Pre reg one and got the toys I wanted.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;29762822 said:
It's a combination of engine and gearbox - that ZF 8 speed box is simply stunning.

When you consider how much I despised anything diesel...

It really is. First time I've spent a long period of time driving a ZF 8 speed gearbox. Next car I get will have this gearbox. I'd love to try a 335d and a 340i for comparison.

Permabanned
It really is. First time I've spent a long period of time driving a ZF 8 speed gearbox. Next car I get will have this gearbox. I'd love to try a 335d and a 340i for comparison.

Works great in auto mode in the 340i, manual/flappy paddles are not great but ok for a blast now and again. Deep down I think I would prefer a decent manual box but overall the auto is easy mode fun. :)

Man of Honour
I agree but it's nice to know so you can make your own mind up.

My biggest concern with an ex rental is exterior condition - but this is obvious on viewing anyway.

Soldato
Driving along the other day i got a noise from the drivers rear that sounds like i was dragging tin cans, lasted about 5 seconds. I thought the exhaust had fell off, got out, checked, nothing.

Now doing right turns i can hear a on off rubbing.

Google suggests that i have a stone wedged between brake and dust sheild. Hope so! Will check later after work.

Anyone else had this?

Caporegime
Driving along the other day i got a noise from the drivers rear that sounds like i was dragging tin cans, lasted about 5 seconds. I thought the exhaust had fell off, got out, checked, nothing.

Now doing right turns i can hear a on off rubbing.

Google suggests that i have a stone wedged between brake and dust sheild. Hope so! Will check later after work.

Anyone else had this?

Not personally but have heard it before.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29764367 said:
http://www.broadspeed.com

£10k+ off 535d.

If buying a nearly-new be aware there are lots of ex hire cars around. They tend to be easily spotted as they are often bizarrely specified.

Wow almost £20k off a new M5, amongst other fairly hefty discounts on the high-end models puts them into the price range of some of the lower end models in each range!

Discounts on X3s are fairly poor though, I suppose this is down to them being more popular.

Man of Honour
Wow almost £20k off a new M5, amongst other fairly hefty discounts on the high-end models puts them into the price range of some of the lower end models in each range!

Discounts on X3s are fairly poor though, I suppose this is down to them being more popular.

It's nothing to do with that as the 3 Series is the most popular car in the range and also has massive discounts.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29767177 said:
It's nothing to do with that as the 3 Series is the most popular car in the range and also has massive discounts.

So what determines how much of a discount is available and how do companies like Broadspeed know in advance of placing an order?

Back
Top Bottom