What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Not exactly OEM looking... Do you really need a reversing camera on a 3 though? Not exactly a huge rear overhang or lacking in visibility?

It's a surprisingly long car compared to everything else in the same class, plus the rear bumper on the Sport models are quite deep. I lightly bumped a few car park walls/bollards when I had one.

Man of Honour
I agree with everyone else, a small sub will enhance the audio. Not a case of OEM of go home mentality.

I've been thinking about how I could get a stealthy 6" or 8" in the MX5 paired it a some decent door speakers and an amp.

Associate
Generally this forum is incredibly anti-any form of tuning/scene, you won't have many responses that differ from the above. Got any pics of the complete setup?

Amp & Bit10 behind LHS boot storage hatch Focal ES 100 K Tweeters behind the Harmon Kardon factory grills Audison Remote hidden behind storage door just under the headlight switch

Apart from that replaced the factory "business" speakers under each seat

To look at it you'd never notice a single change from the factory Pro Nav setup inside.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Bit Ten looks great. It would cost hundreds but I do fancy an "OEM+" ICE upgrade at some point. I reckon even with the uprated original speakers (which are very good IMO) an external amp would make them perform even better, especially with a high pass filter in conjunction with a decent sub. It could all be 100% hidden away too.

It's got me thinking now...

Associate
+1 for the sub :D

I too have a sub in the boot, with an amp, like this:

21ajryd.jpg

Granted, it means I can't put my seats down, but I've never been in a situation where I've had to. :p

Associate
That is an insanely clever and neat set up, really well done! Dont suppose you have a build log at all, I love audio :D

Thanks but I can't really take any credit for the install as it was all masterminded by Audiofile-Incar in Bishop's Stortford, absolutely flawless in execution !

It's all good Malt no harm done :)

Sweet setup Mart, I'm guessing your battery is also taking a daily hammering lol

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Couple of things.

Bolster re-stitched by Wessex Car Trimming:

bolsterstitched.jpg

Just gotta wait for the new stitching to fade to match the old stitching :p

Not to everyone's taste but... I also really like the Petrolicious channel as of late, some stunning videography and some really interesting owners of some cool cars. That's the kind of thing I like to show my support for. So I bought a decal off their website.

petrolicious.jpg

Might move it to the sun visor underside at some point.

Soldato
Robbie, how much did the re-trimming set you back if you don't mind saying? I have a feeling that the Alfa could benefit from that service at some point.

I finally got the bits through the post that I ordered. Throttle body to intake manifold gasket, touch up pen (original Alfa Romeo one, right pain to get a hold of!), replacement Pininfarina decals as one of mine fell off during a wash :(, new Autodelta sticker as the original is about 15 years old and very faded. Expecting my order of 6 litres of engine oil, air filter, oil filter and sump washer to arrive tomorrow. Then I'll carry out the first oil change Ive ever done :eek:, slightly nervous but shouldn't be too difficult. I'll just get Acme to come and help me if I balls up :D

Had to replace an inlet pipe rubber boot the other day as mine had split and was causing an air leak, therefore unstable running. Sorted now!

Also fitted an intake resonator as it will have been from stock. I haven't noticed any difference in volume from the intake, but that might be because my exhaust is too loud :p It also makes the bay look more complete imo.

Still need to paint the TB, it looks dirty now in comparison to the covers but the weather isn't allowing it :(

I think that's all at the moment...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom