carnt hear voice in films when set to 5.1 surround

Associate
Hi all i hope im posting in the correct section, hope somebody can help.

im trying to to watch movies with 5.1 surround sound on my computer, Yes the actual movies are 5.1 surround and iv tried in Powerdvd 15, windows media player and VLC player andi get the same result everytime so i persume its something to do with my computer sound settings or something.

I can hear every sound of the film or programmes, but when the narrator is speaking say in a documentary i cannot hear him through the centre speaker ( persume voice is suppose come out of center speaker)

it sounds like the voice is coming out of my Sub for some reason.

i currently have the Logitech z506 surround system

can anybody help me please

Associate
OP
Hi when i do a speaker test in realtek audio manager, it does that noise fine, ( the centre speaker) but it also sounds like it comes out of the sub as well as their is abit of bass if you like when i test the centre speaker ( surely their shouldnt be base when testing centre speaker)

Associate
OP
Hi thank you ok yes so i selected the speakers in the list, i clicked configure speakers , i select 5.1 and test each speakers and they all sound fine.

I go into realtek sound manager on the speaker configuration tab - i select centre speaker and it sounds like the sound is coming from the sub ( a loud bassy sound)

i select the sub and yes it gives me exact same sound so im guessing on the speaker configuration tab the centre speaker sound is coming from the sub instead of the centre speaker

but when i click on the ROOM CORRECTION tab and click the centre speaker - the centre speaker sounds fine

is this odd to you guys,

I just want to be able to listen to my films in 5.1 surround and its proving diffuclt

Associate
In the Realtek HD Audio Manager on mine is an option called 'Swap Center / Subwoofer Output', it sounds like you should be using that option if you are hearing the centre from your sub (it only shows up in 5.1 mode at the bottom).

Back
Top Bottom