Military coup in Turkey?

Man of Honour
I'm hoping thats just another angle of the shot from earlier. Jesus christ, I hope this calms down.

Wondering if the tracers are fake as though the gunshots correlate with a live stream I was watching earlier there was no visible tracers from the air and there doesn't seem to be the normal ricochets when you open up with that kind of weapon from that angle.

Soldato
Wondering if the tracers are fake as though the gunshots correlate with a live stream I was watching earlier there was no visible tracers from the air and there doesn't seem to be the normal ricochets when you open up with that kind of weapon from that angle.

I must admit, when you mentioned the angle of the tracers I did figure it looked a bit fake.

As for the rest, thats way above my knowledge, I have no expectation of what you'd expect to see.

Caporegime
Reuters claiming fighter jet has shot down a helicopter being used by those attempting the coup

jeeze... it would have perhaps helped to get the majority of the armed forces onside first... if it turns out to only be a small portion of it then this could get incredibly messy :eek:

Soldato
Not to mention having a free press, allowing demonstrations etc..

Again, the link between democracy and liberty is a lot more complicated than that. They are not one and the same.

The UK for example doesn't have absolute freedom of speech or right to demonstrations. Is it a democracy?

Man of Honour
I must admit, when you mentioned the angle of the tracers I did figure it looked a bit fake.

As for the rest, thats way above my knowledge, I have no expectation of what you'd expect to see.

With those kind of weapons fired at that angle you normally get a few tracers going skywards from the point of impact as well which were entirely absent.

Soldato
theres something that makes me wow at the chopper opening up. We've all seen it in war, but when it's in a city and civilians running around, there's a very different feeling to it.

And yet in a war zone it happens with civilians in buildings and outside etc. Just more normalised in our minds for some reason.

I agree though, it feels very weird to see in a non warzone.

Back
Top Bottom