Counter Strike 1.6

Associate
I was looking through the Steam store the other night and came across CS 1.6, I think I paid about a fiver for it along with Day of Defeat and Condition Zero. I don't think I've played CS 1.6 since I was 15 (now 26), having an absolute blast on it at the moment. Bringing back loads of memories from going to local computer LAN's with friends staying up for 48 hours etc.... I used to play competitively with a few different clans, can't quite remember what the league was called. Still getting used to the aim though, as you don't aim down the barrel like most modern FPS games.

Is there anyone else on here still playing?

Associate
Same! Just can't get into cs go. Used to play the original then the 1.5, 1.6 got on okay with CSS but csgo just doesn't do it for me???

What is the issue? Is it gameplay, fps, teamplay?

I started playing csgo about 6 months ago, it takes a while to work out settings and so on. I now have specific setting for my mouse, settings for the config file, graphic settings. You may be getting frustrated by issues that can easily be sorted out with a bit of help.

Associate
C.S was awesome and i spent 100's of hours playing it.

But when of Day of Defeat dropped / we played it to death, good memories
Then the old tf2 lol

Last edited:
Associate
If you like 1.6 and haven't already done so, check out CS:GO. It plays far more closely to 1.6 than Source ever did and has a thriving community around it!
U wot? you'll get some stick for saying that :p nothing compares to 1.6

ps.
Birmingham is bloody great.

Associate
I actually tried dod the other day as I wanted to see what it looked like in 4k. Still plenty of games and people paying it, still feels good and actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it might. Might give it some more time.

Soldato
I stopped playing cs 1.6 competitively around 2005. Although I did come back to it on and off up to 2010. I started playing way back around beta 5.2. The game was quite a lot of fun up to cs 1.5 in my opinion and then people started disappearing up their own backsides, and it just was less and less enjoyable. I find the whole csgo scene something which has gone further in that direction. I personally don't find it enjoyable to be around people so self-obsessed. Just my opinion of course.

But yeah, I enjoyed cs 1.6 to an extent - just not as much as as time went on.

Soldato
I stopped playing cs 1.6 competitively around 2005. Although I did come back to it on and off up to 2010. I started playing way back around beta 5.2. The game was quite a lot of fun up to cs 1.5 in my opinion and then people started disappearing up their own backsides, and it just was less and less enjoyable. I find the whole csgo scene something which has gone further in that direction. I personally don't find it enjoyable to be around people so self-obsessed. Just my opinion of course.

But yeah, I enjoyed cs 1.6 to an extent - just not as much as as time went on.

Yeah, I never played beta/1.3/1.6 competitively (very far from it!) but things did seem more fun back in those days. I'm enjoying CS:GO now, but there's nothing like the sense of fun there was around in the late beta/early 1.0-1.3 days. Might just be rose-tinted nostalgia spectacles, but still... :)

Soldato
Might give this a go, I was rather good back in the day.

Used to play quite a lot of DoD, was in SOE who were one of the best around. But that was 15 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom