First Water Project: The Mad Titan

Soldato
No problem. Sometimes it's helpful to have a sounding board to say "Yes, that is crazy....but it could just be the problem!" :D
Hope things get delivered soon - hate the waiting!

Associate
OP
Update:

Both EK reservoirs leaked at the same 1/4 thread round the back. They didn't leak when I tested them outside of the loop, the only leaked when I had the pastel liquid in. I am not best pleased. I also have tried three different type of blank 1/4 fittings - the EK ones, the Bitspower originals and the Bitspower v2's all three leaked - I have had to resort to sealant to fix the problem until my new resevoirs get here.

Cheers
Ras

Soldato
They're not the ones with the stupid inset port are they? If so they need a special EK G1/4 extension that isn't/wasn't supplied with them. Without it, the o-ring doesn't seat properly and it leaks.
I thought they'd stopped this but I could be wrong. Worth checking given that it's both res's.

Associate
If it leaking like this then Cenedd has got it bang on. ****ed me off no end as well! :mad:

IMG_20151224_105649.jpg
Oh yes and nice build mate, colour scheme and build quality both looking top notch :)

Associate
OP
They're not the ones with the stupid inset port are they? If so they need a special EK G1/4 extension that isn't/wasn't supplied with them. Without it, the o-ring doesn't seat properly and it leaks.
I thought they'd stopped this but I could be wrong. Worth checking given that it's both res's.

Thanks mate, I'm not sure - it's the port round the back of the res, as you look at it just to the right and behind a little. I will explore the inset port, but regardless one would have hoped that they would warn you about it?!?!

Filling loops again now...

Cheers
Ras

Associate
OP
If it leaking like this then Cenedd has got it bang on. ****ed me off no end as well! :mad:

IMG_20151224_105649.jpg
Oh yes and nice build mate, colour scheme and build quality both looking top notch :)

If it is that it's crazy isn't it?! I have basically ruined the resevoirs now anyway, permenantly sealing the stupid ports shut! :rolleyes:

I have a couple of other resevoirs on order, ready for when I change the GPU's in December! :)

Thanks for your comments mate, I really appreciate it - when you are this close to something everything just looks like it could be done much better, so cheers! :p

Ras

Associate
It's bonkers mate, I'll not be buying an EK one again. Buy the reservoir, then the multiport top, then have to buy an inner tube, then find out you need a special adapter to stop it leaking and then, just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you find out the adapter requires an odd sized allen key that isn't part of any set, which you've guessed it, EK just so happen to sell! Feel completely mugged tbh, so will be using as little EK as possible on future builds.

Soldato
Slightly off-topic: Wera do a lovely set of multi-coloured allen keys that includes that one. Pricey but it seems everything is coming with hex heads now - all the screws I needed I can only find with hex head. Only gripe is that the 10mm allen key is MASSIVE which means I can't really take it around as part of my everyday kit. Aaprt from the bulk and the weight, I could probably be done for carrying an offensive weapon!

Associate
OP
Update: Final Leak Testing (before top up and OC)

6950X and 1080's at stock currently - all running at 30 degrees C or lower with fans set to 35% - case fan not yet included in groups.

AYE8Wdil.jpg
PmCVfBQl.jpg
edr06GNl.jpg
KCj5UoMl.jpg
mU4n95ul.jpg

Custom and case lighting still to be tweaked, backplates still to be attached and some minor bits and pieces - but mostly its done - overall I am happy with the how the build has progressed! :)

Cheers
Ras

Last edited:
Associate
Tbh, it doesn't look like a really fantastic build considering the huge amount of money spent on parts. Just my opinion.

Associate
OP
Jebus christ... that is a nicely built machine :)

Thanks mate, much appreciated, a few things yet to do to finish it off!

That's a monster! Colour scheme reminds me of the old sweets you use to get lol.

Ha! Cheers! I wanted something a little different so I'm hoping the black, yellow and purple stave off my need to change things constantly!

Cheers
Ras

Associate
OP
Tbh, it doesn't look like a really fantastic build considering the huge amount of money spent on parts. Just my opinion.

That's awfully nice of you.

This was my first water cooling build and while you are entitled to your opinion, I worked hard on it, so maybe keep your unconstructive criticism to yourself?

Associate
Have been following this build with interest (stealthily lol)! Done really well man, especially with all the curve balls along the way, but didn't give up!

Love the colour scheme and its really tidy.

I have only one "thing" (i wont say criticism cus i just cant bring my self round to being critical about this build) but the purple watercooling fluid looks a bit dull? Lacks the vibrancy of the yellow fluid and the sleeving job... Could just be the photo i dunno....dont wanna slam your build considering ive never even done a watercooling build myself!

Well done though!

Associate
OP
Have been following this build with interest (stealthily lol)! Done really well man, especially with all the curve balls along the way, but didn't give up!

Love the colour scheme and its really tidy.

I have only one "thing" (i wont say criticism cus i just cant bring my self round to being critical about this build) but the purple watercooling fluid looks a bit dull? Lacks the vibrancy of the yellow fluid and the sleeving job... Could just be the photo i dunno....dont wanna slam your build considering ive never even done a watercooling build myself!

Well done though!

I am inclined to agree with you to be honest! I have some purple and yellow/green UV fluids from Mayhems that I might use... But I'm not sure... I think I am going to see what the lighting does and then go from there...

I am going to replace the resevoirs with a couple of others when I decide which ones I want! Then I will drain the loop, put the GPU backplates on and change the reservoirs and possible change the fluid too... See what's what.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the feedback, I need it! :)

Cheers
Ras

Associate
OP
Quick Update:

I have decided that I am not happy with the pastel coolant and am going to play with UV instead - once a few replacement parts arrive from Bitspower and EK. I will post final build pictures up then hopefully!

In the meantime here are a few pictures of the build as it is now, include a couple showing the 1080 backplates installed too:

1TidfqZl.jpg
mra9w5Jl.jpg
5Me3R3rl.jpg
Rw7RJERl.jpg

Cheers guys
Ras

Back
Top Bottom