• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Caporegime
I agree, but in this metaphor the saloon doesn't close for a few years! It will be their products landing throughout in 2016/17 as a whole which will determine their future. I am not too concerned whether the RX480 is edged out by the 1060 for eg, it wont determine the outcome or effectiveness of their strategy severely, although the lost revenue from cards they might have otherwise sold would be unfortunate.

There also not getting any revenue if they don't sell enough cards.

I find myself saying this over and over again. Wait for the next gen cards i guess.

Soldato
Weren't loads of people on here giving Nvidia just as hard a time for not being able to keep up demand though and saying that it was a fail and they had bad yields or some noise?

it looks like all the recent cards released by both vendors have been victims of their own success.

In fact you yourself seemed to be criticising Nvidia for exactly the same thing happening to them

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29607060&postcount=1493

Yeah thats true, the difference is i think Nvidia are a bunch of lying scumbags who i couldnt give a monkeys about and i hope they burn their faces, so i often bad mouth them to make myself feel better :)

Seriously though, you cant tell me Nvidia have not had issues with supply, and its due in part to demand i bet its also due to lower than expected yields...

AMD on the other hand are also victim of in theory the same issue, however in AMD's case they produced a massive quantity of cards or so they believed, however demand has massively outweighed supply.

I bet for every 1070 or 1080 that NVidia has sold, AMD has sold atleast 5 480 cards.

Associate
I was a reading a reddit thread,people moaning that the nitro still has no release date,and they will buy the 1060 and 1070 instead,more lost sales for amd.

Its a shame 480 aib cards werent in stock on launch day,they would have sold even more 480s.

Soldato
I was a reading a reddit thread,people moaning that the nitro still has no release date,and they will buy the 1060 and 1070 instead,more lost sales for amd.

Its a shame 480 aib cards werent in stock on launch day,they would have sold even more 480s.

That's my issue, I'd not be so pressed for a new card if my 390X didn't die; but I'm stuck on a 6670 and it's terrible for anything work related, never mind gaming.

The Powecolor 480 looks great, but now Gibbo said it's expect earliest end of next week instead of Friday. So I'm getting a little fidgety and wanting a new card.

Associate
amd have only themselves to blame,no one else.

So long as they are selling as many as they are making then why would they. I hope they don't over compensate and end up with surplus stock (manufactured at an early date) that hurts them in X months time.

Associate
because you can still be selling as many as you make and still be leaving half of your potential customers without cards..a bit like the aib situation at the moment,no aib cards and 1060's on sale tomorrow...

no one wants to see any manufacturer fail because that leaves the market open for a 1 company monopoly.

Associate
because you can still be selling as many as you make and still be leaving half of your potential customers without cards..a bit like the aib situation at the moment,no aib cards and 1060's on sale tomorrow...

no one wants to see any manufacturer fail because that leaves the market open for a 1 company monopoly.

Yes and overproduction could be just as damaging, with longterm financial repercussions. I don't think were in the position to make a judgment beyond it sucks for customers and it would have been a nice-to-have scenario for AMD.

Soldato
There also not getting any revenue if they don't sell enough cards.

I find myself saying this over and over again. Wait for the next gen cards i guess.
You do keep saying it, but without anything to support it. Gibbo has told you that they're selling extremely well, yet apparently that's not enough and AMD are still doomed. From tomorrow the 1060 will murder and destroy it and AMD will sell approximately ten cards for the rest of its lifespan. Despite the fact that we don't know anything concrete about the 1060 (other than some very underwhelming leaked performance numbers), including real world pricing or what will actually be available tomorrow, and that the 1070 and 1080 took six weeks after launch to actually have any kind of supply available. But apparently thousands of every brand of custom 1060 will be in stock tomorrow, because that fits the narrative you're spinning.

You are of course one of the people who was predicting doom for the 480 even pre-release, spending extensive amounts of time telling anybody who'd listen that it was a disaster and they wouldn't sell any. Now it's that they won't sell any once the 1060 is available. To me your posts give off more than a slight air of head firmly in the sand, blindly repeating the same rhetoric to avoid admitting you were wrong, facts to the contrary be damned.

Associate
Hi there

What I am hearing this morning and it is not 100% confirmed.

Nitro+ OC: Card on pre-order at OcUK: 1342MHz
Nitro OC: Card soon to be on pre-order at OcUK: 1306MHz

Unfortunately the Nitro+ is coming in more expensive than anticipated, so the price will go up a little, all those who pre-order shall have pricing honoured.

Nitro shall be £249.95!

Good news is there shall also be a 4GB Nitro which I shall price at £209.99 Inc. VAT and shall also soon be available for pre-order. :)

Are those numbers confirmed already?

Associate
Yes, that is why I asked. Morning was long time ago. :)

And this, folks, illustrates the patience of millenials. Gotta love the 21st century...

Back on topic, i'm really torn between investing on a higher tier card (1070/980Ti/Fury X/Fury Nano) or just buying a RX480 and waiting for HBM2 cards.

Can't really decide what should i buy to replace my 290 (Twin Frozr). I couldn't even properly enjoy the thing, since i was naive enough to think it wouldn't throttle on my Elite 130 case...

Associate
And this, folks, illustrates the patience of millenials. Gotta love the 21st century...

Well, I do not have a GPU since 1st of July and I pre-ordered this Nitro+ on 4th of July. Allow me to ask for an up-to-date info 2 weeks after. (Few days before announced release date)

Associate

Back on topic, i'm really torn between investing on a higher tier card (1070/980Ti/Fury X/Fury Nano) or just buying a RX480 and waiting for HBM2 cards.

Can't really decide what should i buy to replace my 290 (Twin Frozr). I couldn't even properly enjoy the thing, since i was naive enough to think it wouldn't throttle on my Elite 130 case...

IMO I'd buy Fury and be done with it as it's what I did.

Technology is not like it was few years ago. Going from 4870 to 5850 meant you went one tier lower but you still got 2x the performance. Nowadays, going from 390x -> rx 480 meant sacrificing some performance as rx 480 is slower.

You can bet on having to wait at least two generations if not more when the performance difference becomes big enough to force you buying new card to continue playing newer games.

Associate
Well, I do not have a GPU since 1st of July and I pre-ordered this Nitro+ on 4th of July. Allow me to ask for an up-to-date info 2 weeks after. (Few days before announced release date)

You're free to ask how many times you want and it would be wise of the staff to reply, as it's good customer service, but i couldn't help to notice the impatience. Anyway, good luck with the wait :)

IMO I'd buy Fury and be done with it as it's what I did.

Technology is not like it was few years ago. Going from 4870 to 5850 meant you went one tier lower but you still got 2x the performance. Nowadays, going from 390x -> rx 480 meant sacrificing some performance as rx 480 is slower.

You can bet on having to wait at least two generations if not more when the performance difference becomes big enough to force you buying new card to continue playing newer games.

Decisions, decisions. Leaning towards the Fury, just trying to think if the difference in performance (and cooling, ofc) is worth the 75 quid difference between the Nano and the X.

Back
Top Bottom