• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Offical OcUK GTX1060 review thread

Associate
http://youtu.be/no_NBTivfgY

So it's better than the RX 480 in DX11, worse in most DX12 games (apart from ROTTR)...with a much higher clock than the AMD card, i expected more.

i wonder why they didn't benchmark Doom with Vulkan as well.

So this really is a matter of choice if you want to use G-Sync or FastSync in the future, and also be more future-proof in regards to new DX12 games being relased.

Last edited:
Soldato
So its faster in DX11 (due to nvidias better dx11 optomisation) but slower in DX12, costs more...

tough choice really, for the here and now its not a bad card IF a little more expensive than it should be, for future proofing its not very good, and lack of SLI support closes the door on a cheap upgrade via that route...

Soldato
So its faster in DX11 (due to nvidias better dx11 optomisation) but slower in DX12, costs more...

tough choice really, for the here and now its not a bad card IF a little more expensive than it should be, for future proofing its not very good, and lack of SLI support closes the door on a cheap upgrade via that route...

Will DX12 performance improve with driver support?

As you say, more expensive than it should be. Way more. Can't put all the blame on Brexit for this, the UK market always gets gouged regardless of what the dollar exchange rate is.

Soldato
http://youtu.be/no_NBTivfgY

So it's better than the RX 480 in DX11, worse in most DX12 games (apart from ROTTR)...with a much higher clock than the AMD card, i expected more.

i wonder why they didn't benchmark Doom with Vulkan as well.

So this really is a matter of choice if you want to use G-Sync or FastSync in the future, and also be more future-proof in regards to new DX12 games being relased.

OpenGl Doom in guru 3d and no Doom in techpowerup. I wonder why.

Associate
Kyle at HardOCP did, and the 1060 got totally wrecked - iirc something like 30% faster.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/4

SoupyAllAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

:D:D

Soldato
Looking at OCUK website, right now, the cheapest you can buy today and get tomorrow is £249.99, you have 2 choices, both custom cards...

Then everything is pre-order upto the price of £289.99... where you again have 2 choices, then you are looking at the £299.99 and higher cards where there is plenty of stock...

interesting to say the least.

Soldato
well, there does not seem to be much in it between the 1060 and 480.

The Division and the Witcher, all seriously GPU bound, they appear almost neck and neck.

The gamble i suppose is DX12/Vulkan, it looks like the 480 might have the tricks up its sleeve to make it the wiser choice if you are not tied into G-Sync.

Back
Top Bottom