• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

DPB

DPB

Associate
It may have no bearing on the 1060, but generally speaking the Palit/Gainward cards are usually amongst, if not THE quietest AIB coolers.

Their high-end coolers are good, but I don't know whether that extends to the cheaper models. It does annoy me somewhat that most graphics card reviews focus on the expensive custom cards. If you want a cheaper model you usually have to rely on anecdotal evidence.

Last edited:
Associate
Their high-end coolers are good, but I don't whether that extends to the cheaper models. It does annoy me somewhat that most graphics card reviews focus on the expensive custom cards. If you want a cheaper model you usually have to rely on anecdotal evidence.

Especially as the majority of cards sold are the cheaper kind. The reviews are only useful for the fraction of a fraction of a percent who spend like £700 on a 1080

Caporegime
Their high-end coolers are good, but I don't know whether that extends to the cheaper models. It does annoy me somewhat that most graphics card reviews focus on the expensive custom cards. If you want a cheaper model you usually have to rely on anecdotal evidence.

Pailt put the same cooler on all their cards across the range.

Caporegime
Fantastic cards, completely obsoleted the Fury range - the 1060 is faster, cheaper, has 2GB more VRAM, consumes half the power, quieter, to name a few of it's advantages.

I bet OCUK are laughing at all the suckers who bought 4GB Fury's in the last week offers that popped up.

What are you smoking? ALl the decent, trusted reviews have the 1060 trading blows with a AIB 480?????????????

ANd in dx12 the 480 is a clear winner.

So the 1060, is same speed, more expensive, has 2gb less ram.....doesnt look so good vs the 480- even if it compares ok to a fury on the point you mentioned.

Associate
What are you smoking? ALl the decent, trusted reviews have the 1060 trading blows with a AIB 480?????????????

ANd in dx12 the 480 is a clear winner.

So the 1060, is same speed, more expensive, has 2gb less ram.....doesnt look so good vs the 480- even if it compares ok to a fury on the point you mentioned.

When the aftermarket 480's come out, new tests will be done and will reveal the true differences. I think it will be a lot closer at that point.

OcUK Staff
im with u on the big silly coolers haha
but why would you recommend everything except the evga!
hmhm

The EVGA is also great, I can't exactly list all the brands, but as small cards go Zotac comes with 5yr warranty vs EVGA's 3yr.

The Asus Turbo uses a blower design which are very popular due to exhausting heat, hence my recommendations.

I sell them all, pick the one you like most. :)

OcUK Staff
Fantastic cards, completely obsoleted the Fury range - the 1060 is faster, cheaper, has 2GB more VRAM, consumes half the power, quieter, to name a few of it's advantages.

I bet OCUK are laughing at all the suckers who bought 4GB Fury's in the last week offers that popped up.

I guess consumers don't agree with you, I've had to put an order in for more Fury today with Sapphire because the sales exploded when reviews came out.

If it was my personal money I'd take £299 Fury over a £299 1060 and it seems many customers today made that exact same decision. :)

Today has being a huge success, 100's of 1060's sold, RX-480 sales boosted, Fury deal sales exploded, RX 480 Nitro absolutely exploded and 1070 sales also rocketed.

Caporegime
I guess consumers don't agree with you, I've had to put an order in for more Fury today with Sapphire because the sales exploded when reviews came out.

If it was my personal money I'd take £299 Fury over a £299 1060 and it seems many customers today made that exact same decision. :)

Today has being a huge success, 100's of 1060's sold, RX-480 sales boosted, Fury deal sales exploded, RX 480 Nitro absolutely exploded and 1070 sales also rocketed.

The lord has spoken:

Ay0GEeq.gif

:D

OcUK Staff
The lord has spoken:

Ay0GEeq.gif

:D

1060 is an awesome card at £250 and less, we have several at this price point and they give the RX-480 a real good fight, toss a coin because at £250 both are great buys.

But at £300 for me personally an overclocked 1060 loses its appeal, yes I sell these things but I could not recommend a 1060 at £300, it is too much and the regular £250 and less ones overclock just fine too. So at £300 I'd either spend the extra to get the much faster 1070 (shall be £369 deal tomorrow on weekly offer ;) ) or I would just buy the Fury at £300.

Associate

Looks like a lot of people upgraded and who can blame them?

I can see a common scenario ...

1. I want an AIB 480, where the heck are they?
2. Screw it I will get a 1060, it's in stock.
3. Hang on a minute, I can pay a bit more and get a 1070 and it's in stock!
4. Screw it, I am getting a 1070!

Last edited:
Associate
I don't have the card. I do have a functioning brain though. An aftermarket cooling solution that's superior to the Nvidia founders edition which already keeps the card cool and quiet.

It's the GTX 970 all over again.

Ah brilliant, you have a brain yet you know it 'Runs cool as a cucumber and is whisper quiet' without any tests of it being done. Okay then. But yea, probably is correct, I hope so as it seems like the only reasonably priced and well designed 1060.

Back
Top Bottom